+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy Pcos+ clomid help!

Hi All,
    Im new to bubhub & forums in general so apologies If I make mistakes!

I am 23, DF and I have been TTC for just over 7 months.
    I have a big array of health issues and am classified as disabled.

I have been diagnosed with PCOS (was on the pill for 8 years so never realized there was an issue) and just had my first round of clomid at 50mg. OPK on day 14 & 15 was Positive but day 21 bloods showed no O??
    Not sure if clomid can cause false positives??

Dr has said to increase to 75mg next round but has not really explained anything and I have NO idea what im doing!

any help/suggestions would be REALLY helpful.
    or if anyone could share their stories that would be fantastic as no one seems to understand my anxiety and emotional state from TTC!!

Thankyou in advance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Purplelove,

I'm new(ish) to clomid too, am going to start my 3rd round next week. I didn't ovulate on my first round (50mg) either, which was really disappointing because I was convinced that I had. From what I have heard, it is not unusual for OPK's to give a false positive.

My dr increased my dose to 100mg for the next round and I just recently found out that it worked , based on day 21 blood test results. Unfortunately no BFP this time, but it was a relief to find that the higher dose of clomid worked. Hope this is the case for you too

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jade2014 For This Useful Post:

PurpleLove  (17-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OPKs detect the luteinizing hormone which builds up prior to ovulation. Your body can gear up to ovulate and produce the LH but it doesn't mean you have ovulated, as you could see from the blood test. You can have more than 1 LH surge in a cycle also. Your dr will probably increase the dose. I did ovulate on the 50mg so I am unsure of that part sorry.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jodes86 For This Useful Post:

PurpleLove  (17-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade2014 View Post
    Hi Purplelove,

I'm new(ish) to clomid too, am going to start my 3rd round next week. I didn't ovulate on my first round (50mg) either, which was really disappointing because I was convinced that I had. From what I have heard, it is not unusual for OPK's to give a false positive.

My dr increased my dose to 100mg for the next round and I just recently found out that it worked , based on day 21 blood test results. Unfortunately no BFP this time, but it was a relief to find that the higher dose of clomid worked. Hope this is the case for you too
    Thankyou so much. Its nice to know im not alone. Its all so confusing and frustrating! Jist had another friend fall pregnant without even trying and I swear I die a little bit inside each time I hear 'it was an accident' lol. How is that even possible!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodes86 View Post
    OPKs detect the luteinizing hormone which builds up prior to ovulation. Your body can gear up to ovulate and produce the LH but it doesn't mean you have ovulated, as you could see from the blood test. You can have more than 1 LH surge in a cycle also. Your dr will probably increase the dose. I did ovulate on the 50mg so I am unsure of that part sorry.
    Thankyou thats good to know! fingers crossed it works on 75mg
    Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi PurpleLove,

I hope the increase in Clomid helps you! I have done about 4 rounds of it, O'd but with no BFPs. I found out afterwards that Clomid can shorten your window of opportunity as it decreases your CM (sorry if TMI) which makes it hard for the swimmers to get where they need to go! Had I known this earlier, I would have used Pre-seed which is meant to be really good for TTC! I hope this helps!

Also, completely understand what you mean by everyone falling pregnant and by accident - hooowww?! Last year there were 3 pregnant girls at work, and 2 pregnant friends. So happy for them but it's so frustrating to see how easy it comes to others. Hang in there, we'll be those annoying people soon!!

for you and baby dust to all xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ItWillHappen85 View Post
    Hi PurpleLove,

I hope the increase in Clomid helps you! I have done about 4 rounds of it, O'd but with no BFPs. I found out afterwards that Clomid can shorten your window of opportunity as it decreases your CM (sorry if TMI) which makes it hard for the swimmers to get where they need to go! Had I known this earlier, I would have used Pre-seed which is meant to be really good for TTC! I hope this helps!

Also, completely understand what you mean by everyone falling pregnant and by accident - hooowww?! Last year there were 3 pregnant girls at work, and 2 pregnant friends. So happy for them but it's so frustrating to see how easy it comes to others. Hang in there, we'll be those annoying people soon!!

for you and baby dust to all xo
    Ahhh thank you I did notice that clomid dried to CM up! Might look into pre seed.

I'm ready to punch the next person that tells me they just accidentally fell preg! Lol.
    My best friend just told me she got a BFP. It was so hard to be super happy for her (which I definitely am) when I felt like crying.
    Think my Stupid body needs a talking to!

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

34 & PCOS here with irregular cycles.

On my second round of clomid, 100g, I had neg O on day 21 , at day 34 had postivie opk test, got bloods done the next day, negative O!! Day 44 BFN...... day 54 BFP

Unfortunately, ended with my 3rd miscarriage last month.

Just remember, everyone cycles differently.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When I was on clomid they only way I would ovulate was when the fs gave me a trigger shot to do so. My first cycle on 50 mg of clomid I did conceive but sadly miscarried a few weeks later. Following cycles I was on higher doses and always had to have a trigger shot.....maybe mention that to your dr if you cant pick up a positive on an opk! Good luck

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi purplelove
    i was on clomid for 4 months this year, me polocystic ovaries told not the syndrome? Did nothing.
    this month I've been a lot happier and less sick doing HCG injections/ Triggers and IUI. I was sooo sick on clomid.
    tomorrow I find out if it's worked after TTC for 2 years