+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Recommend me a baby carrier

I'm at a complete loss when it comes to twin equipment and there seems to be quite a few options on the market. I'm expecting twins in October and need a baby sling. I'm not sure what to go for. I defintely want something that I can take on and off within a minute or so so I definitely don't want the wrap versions. I also don't want something with buckles or anything like that will dig into me. I mainly want it for around the house on the occasions I might need to carry both bubs around (I'm thinking one in the sling, one in my arms). I'm at a complete loss with this kind of thing so help!!!! Look forward to hearing some ideas

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats
    Ive tried a few, the ergo is great (if used correctly) once it's on baby goes to sleep every time without fail it's also comfortable enough that you can do housework and awesome for travel however it can be difficult to put on and off on your own and it was not good for newborns but great at 5months and older...
    Baby Bjorn is the opposite it's great to carry a smaller bub from newborn to about 5/6 months after that it's too unconfortble for both mum and bub, great for baby to see what's going on and super easy to put on and off, sleeping is ok but not as good as the ergo.
    Bubba moe sling... I never got the hang of it, always felt like baby was going to fall out and I constantly had a hand on bub so it defeated the purpose.
    So that's my two cents on baby carriers, I would suggest waiting till babies come to see what they like, I don't have twins but my DD was a very independent baby and loved her swing and hardly ever had to be carried... DS is a total sook and hates swinging but likes bouncers and I have him in the ergo A LOT!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ciaomamma For This Useful Post:

Demonica  (12-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My suggestion would be a ring sling. Very quick and easy to use, easy to adjust etc and can be used from newborn - toddler. The only downside I have found with my ring sling is it's not great for carrying for more than an hour or so (with a heavier bub - when DS2 was 4/5kg I could comfortably carry for 2-3 hour). For long wears I use an ergo or non-stretchy wrap. I have also seen a lady carrying twins a couple of months old in 2 ring slings. Absolutely no idea how she did it, but they were both on front and snug as bugs
    Last edited by decemberbubba; 12-05-2014 at 12:48.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to decemberbubba For This Useful Post:

Demonica  (12-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oooh twinnines! how lovely! I would suggest a stretchy wrap like a hugabub for twins initially, I haven't got personal experience as I've only had singletons but have seen newbie twins carried in one several times- as in both at once. They are very easy to tie and you can pre-tie before say driving to the shops, then pop the bubs in, tighten/adjust and off you go! Woven wraps are also good for this and will last you a bit longer than a stretchy. I know you said you didn't want a wrap but no wrap and no buckles severly limits your choice Another option for quick in and out carries is a ring sling. With 2 of these you can carry a bub on each hip! Or one at a time You could also look at a mei tai which ties on instead of buckles, or a ring tai- same style as a mei tai but does up with sling rings instead of knots. If you want to tandem carry I would suggest going along to a sling meet for advice and help. Good luck!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Demonica  (12-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by decemberbubba View Post
    My suggestion would be a ring sling. Very quick and easy to use, easy to adjust etc and can be used from newborn - toddler. The only downside I have found with my ring sling is it's not great for carrying for more than an hour or so (with a heavier bub - when DS2 was 4/5kg I could comfortably carry for 2-3 hour). For long wears I use an ergo or non-stretchy wrap. I have also seen a lady carrying twins a couple of months old in 2 ring slings. Absolutely no idea how she did it, but they were both on front and snug as bugs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iySxLCEPXn8

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Demonica  (12-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so maybe I should be a little more open with other options lol. Its all still very overwhelming with the whole twin thing, what do I buy, what do I need and all that. They're not my first bubs but omg it feels like it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Demonica For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (12-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Well there you go!

OP - out of interest I googled wearing twins, and most newbies seem to be in stretchies (hug-a-bub types). Atropos makes a good point that you can pre-wrap a stretchy and pop bub/s in and out as you need without re-wrapping each time. I found my hug-a-bub the most comfy carrier in the newborn days.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to decemberbubba For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (12-05-2014),Demonica  (12-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you're on FB there is a baby wearing buy, swap sell group that are always a wealth of info. Also you may have a local baby wearing group that they can point you towards.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (12-05-2014),Demonica  (12-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Definitely find a babywearing group on Facebook near you. They are a wealth of knowledge. You can use a woven wrap with twins or ring sling

♥ him + me = you 17/9/13 ♥

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Me&Smooches For This Useful Post:

Demonica  (12-05-2014)