+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had Braxton hicks for weeks before delivering, then lost my mucous plug on a Monday after a cervix check where I was 1.5cm dilated, had on and off mildly painful contractions for days (I even had a CTG/non stress test on Wednesday at my Ob's office where the midwife was like "you're having contractions" as they were clearly showing up) and finally had DD on the Sunday. Just keep active and it will happen, but can take a while for baby number 1.
    Last edited by Piyamj; 17-05-2014 at 18:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i went into labour the next morning after i rearranged the bedroom furniture lol. maybe try that...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had really strong Braxton Hicks from about 28 weeks, so I spent a very long time thinking "is this it?".

When I finally did go into labour I didn't think it was the real thing until I was 8cm dilated and transitioning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Double post
    Last edited by Piyamj; 19-05-2014 at 04:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Smyles View Post
    I had really strong Braxton Hicks from about 28 weeks, so I spent a very long time thinking "is this it?".

When I finally did go into labour I didn't think it was the real thing until I was 8cm dilated and transitioning.
    Wow this is me except strong BHs from perhaps 32 weeks onward. But the whole labour thing - 2 midwives didn't believe it was at least productive labour and nearly had me convinced too, 1 saying "you've got a long way to go" about 5 mins before the OB checked and I was 8cm, with DD out 45 mins after that. So I def believe the weeks of strong BHs helped me cope with labour contractions.

How are you going OP?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    This is exactly how I felt when I went to the hospital one day to discover I was 5cm dilated, but also exactly how BH felt for me a few times in the weeks leading up to labour. It's so hard to tell! Good luck op.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,
    Little update...I have had irregular contractions since 2am this morning. I had a small amount of pink spotting and was instructed to have some panadol, a hot shower and back to bed which seemed to settle things.
    I awoke this morning with some mucous plug loss ans still having period pain and occasional contractions. They do feel different to braxton hicks. This has continued on all day. As well as nausea. Bub has been very active. I am booked in for a c sect tomorrow anyway so just have to hang in there a little longer.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    good luck with tomorrow x when i had my dd I had been booked in for a c section the following week, but went into labour early so they just did the c section a week earlier. Just think, tomorrow you will have your little bundle in your arms.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you go into labour overnight they'll do the Caesar then. Why are you having a Caesar if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I hope you're enjoying lots of newborn cuddles and recovering well!