+ Reply to Thread
    Brisbane, Australia

Default Returning to work when you're not ready

I am preggers with #2 (currently 6 months) and just gave my official notice of leave and 'return to work' date. I do not feel comfortable with 8.5mths off however due to financial need that was the happy medium DH and I decided on (technically we can't afford any time off after the 18wks maternity leave Gov money runs out). My employer has already advised part-time job share isn't an option, otherwise I would have been quite happy to come back part-time after 6mths.

I just feel I would like to give #2 a similar chance and upbringing as #1 had. This means being able to FB to 12mths and being a good mum who spent time raising my child.

As 'back up' in the back of my mind I will be looking for other suitable part-time work related to my industry however if need be I have a full time job to return to.

I wanted to hear of others' views on returning to work before their desired time off and do you regret it/resent it? At the end of the day, nothing will change that the bills need to be paid and I will just need to accept the situation for what it is.

Im in the same situation as you.. DD is 8 months old and ive been back at work for 5 weeks. I didn't want to go back just yet and wasn't ready but once the money runs out and the bills keep coming there wasn't really much choice

Similar Threads

1. Returning to work
    By march2013 in forum Breastfeeding Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-02-2014, 20:56
  2. Returning to work
    By march2013 in forum Bottlefeeding Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 29-01-2014, 20:32
  3. Returning to Work
    By May baby in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 16