+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsharvey View Post
    Maybe Mr "Casey" is a bit sweet on you, hence her attitude?
    Possibly the reason, but Mr Casey's desires are no excuse for Mrs Casey's actions though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsharvey View Post
    Maybe Mr "Casey" is a bit sweet on you, hence her attitude?
    Hmmm ... I don't think so. I suppose it is possible, but I'm pretty sure it's platonic. So sure that I hadn't even considered that as a possibility until now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I just had a thought. If it's 'mean' to not invite 1 out of 10 work colleagues to a social function... Would you force a kid to invite his whole class of 10 to his birthday party or would you tell him he only had to invite the kids he was friends with?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I just had a thought. If it's 'mean' to not invite 1 out of 10 work colleagues to a social function... Would you force a kid to invite his whole class of 10 to his birthday party or would you tell him he only had to invite the kids he was friends with?
    If he was inviting 9 kids out of 10 then I would say the 10th kid needed to be invited. However, in a real life situation my kids are in classes of 20 + and they usually get to pick 6 or 7 friends, so no whole class parties. My kids do not go to a school where whole class parties are the norm, and the kids are all fine with not being invited to a class mates party when they have closer friends. That isn't what is happening here though by the sounds of it.
    Last edited by Full House; 12-05-2014 at 21:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    In some schools and kindys it's all or nothing. For my 4yo I will be inviting all the kids in her little group. Even the ones I'm not fond of and neither is my dd1

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    If he was inviting 9 kids out of 10 then I would say the 10th kid needed to be invited. However, in a real life situation my kids are in classes of 20 + and they usually get to pick 6 or 7 friends, so no whole class parties. My kids do not go to a school where whole class parties are the norm, and the kids are all fine with not being invited to a class mates party when they have closer friends. That isn't what is happening here though by the sounds of it.
    Agree. My sons class has 26 kids. He has invited 8 to his party this weekend. We are discrete handing out invites as not to upset any other kids.

We have a huge family so if he had to include his whole class he wouldn't be having a party. But I would never allow or encourage him to invite all but one, thats cruel.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know some people don't agree with it. But DD has a class of 20 and she invited all of the girls. There were a couple she isn't friends with but it felt so mean not inviting them.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    Possibly the reason, but Mr Casey's desires are no excuse for Mrs Casey's actions though.
    I don't think I was excusing it?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

WorkingClassMum  (13-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes. We live in a small town with small classes. It's heartbreaking to watch other children receive an invite and one or two are excluded. We don't roll like that in our family

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese Please View Post
    Hmmm ... I don't think so. I suppose it is possible, but I'm pretty sure it's platonic. So sure that I hadn't even considered that as a possibility until now.
    It may have been an innocent comment that he made at home. 'Wow, I was impressed with the way Cheese Please handled that call today. Her first day and she really stepped up'. Goodness knows how some people think but yeh, maybe she sees that as a threat. I'm backing you all the way, she's a cow.