+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anterior Placenta

I'm 18 weeks pregnant and at my last scan I was told I had an anterior placenta... this is my 3rd pregnancy and was expecting to feel the baby moving fairly early, however I still only feel small movements every now and then... i'm assuming this is because of where the placenta is... Who else has had an anterior placenta and when did you start feeling proper movements? Did it mean your labour and birth was different? I've heard that it could mean the baby faces the wrong way etc... Does it affect anything else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This is my second pregnancy and I'm 19+3. Have had an anterior placenta both times. Can't remember last time but this time, first movement was about a week ago but only becoming a daily/multiple times a day thing in the past couple of days.

No other problems

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can't comment on the birth or positioning as this is my first but I have an anterior placenta and feel first flutters at about 17 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had my morphology scan about 19 weeks. Prior to that I had once or twice felt very light butterflies which I thought I was imagining.

After finding out I had an anterior placenta was told it was likely it was movements. But was a week or so later I finally felt good strong movement. I can't compare to a previous pregnancy though.

As for the birth part, I presented at hospital 4cms dialated with a posterior bub (his back on my back) whom never turned the other way.

But whether that has anything to do with the placenta or not I'm not sure. I did spend alot of time laying down towards the end of my pregnancy due to pain so that probably didn't help to get him turned (not that I knew prior to labour that he was posterior).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an anterior placenta and I didn't feel kicks until almost 20 weeks. I was told its because the placenta is in the way and cushions the movement he was a bit premmie everything else went as normal. I was told it's not a problem unless it is low down and covering the cervix

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Yes and 29 weeks. Bub was breech so had a csec (anterior placenta made an ECV more risky)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Yes and 29 weeks. Bub was breech so had a csec (anterior placenta made an ECV more risky)
    What's an ECV?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a anterior placenta with my 3rd. Didn't feel much movement until after 24weeks. My placenta ended up moving prior to delivery but that didn't matter for me because I was having a c/s anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I currently have anterior placenta, didn't feel good movement until 24w, and even then it was minimal. From about 28w it has been full on! Good luck :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Ive had 2 posterior and 1 anterior. Movements were around 18 weeks with my anterior bub but they were never quite as hard as with the other 2.

Cant comment on the labour, mine was 32 hours long with my anterior bub but I also had a whole host of complications caused by an abruption.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app