+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 87 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone! Great advice and thanks for sharing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, our first daughter was born 3rd February 2014. We are currently kind of ttc #2 (not stressing). Took 14 months and 3 cycles of clomid to fall pregnant with my daughter. Have been off the pill since December 2014, so far no luck but not going to stress myself out like last time. Think im a few dpo atm and have had light cramping every day. My last pregnancy I bled for 24 weeks and went on to have a csection at 38+6 due to a low lying placenta.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavender86 View Post
    Hi @twentysomething, when did you get diagnosed with pcos? I've had one period (took 48 days) since stopping the pill and now on cd44 today waiting for the next one. I've considered going to see my dr but have had advice to wait for a couple of cycles for my body to adjust before I start getting worried.

To be honest I never even knew about pcos before I joined this forum. It seems to be everywhere. I'm trying to learn as much as I can before I dive into the ttc journey. The original plan was to wait another year but I feel as though Hubby and I should start sooner to combat all the challenges that come along with it!

All of you ladies are amazing - thanks for sharing your stories. It's such a comfort to know there's women out there to talk to & seek advice from.
    Hi @Lavender86
    Yes i have been diagnosed with PCOS. My dr is very lovely I went and saw her after two months. However i have a family history my older sister has it and doesnt ovulate on her own at all. Also my history, before i started the pill i used to have very irregular periods sometimes i could 6months withnout having one..
    if you have no family history and you were ok before yiu started the pill i would wait till the three month mark then go see your dr.
    I hope this helps try not to stress i know thats hard.
    Although i feel strangely more relaxed now knowing which is odd..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    I was wondering if you could provide any help, since stopping the pill, my face has been really oily. Even wearing make up I turn to an oil slick by the end of the day? it worse on day when I dont were makeup. has any one else found this, and do you have any thoughts? remedies?
    Cheers
    Susan

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Doc can prescribe creams and things but the best bet is to look into some good face care products for oily skin and take a look at your diet to see what could be contributing. I'd say it's just your hormones adjusting but that's just a guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twentysomething View Post
    Hi ladies,
    I was wondering if you could provide any help, since stopping the pill, my face has been really oily. Even wearing make up I turn to an oil slick by the end of the day? it worse on day when I dont were makeup. has any one else found this, and do you have any thoughts? remedies?
    Cheers
    Susan
    Yep I had this when coming off the pill. Oily skin, oily hair, and weight gain. Hormones settled after a couple of months and the oiliness stopped but I'm still struggling with the weight.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 20s & TTC

@twentysomething I've been off the pill since March and the gradual symptoms have been oily skin, a few little pimples (I usually have none and have never had acne), dry scalp and I've been much more hormonal, sensitive and felt really out of whack. My cycles have been longer too - first one was 48 days and the second was 52. I'm tracking all of my symptoms with an app called ovia... It's been so helpful in allowing me to understand more about how my body works.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lavender86 For This Useful Post:

GemimaPuddleduck  (14-06-2015),twentysomething  (13-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Lavender86 yeah I came off the pill at the end of march and felt pretty out of whack the first month, really crazy mood swings for abit. The gross oiley skin, not so much the hair. But did get a little bit of acne which is horrible!
    I haven't had an AF yet since stopping, up to 82 days now.
    yeah I have been using Ovia as well its a really good app.

We are thinking about putting TTC on hold for a bit, we just booked a trip skiing to NZ in August so might give it a break till after we get back and see if things are back to normal by then...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to twentysomething For This Useful Post:

GemimaPuddleduck  (14-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like a great idea @twentysomething

I've been trying to unwind and stress less too. Taking good care of myself and getting some much needed exercise. We're in a similar situation - not trying yet - just more wanting to figure out my cycle and get myself healthy & feeling good again.

All the best with planning your trip - sounds like lots of fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Lavender86 @twentysomething I love the ovia app! If DH and I don't fall next cycle then we have to skip two cycles cos we will be overseas sharing a room with his parents.
    Those are very long cycles. I hope you both get regular soon xx