+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 87 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Sabochan good luck! o day is fast approaching for me so hopefully we get it this time!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GemimaPuddleduck For This Useful Post:

Sabochan  (03-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @JustJess86, welcome hope all goes well for you.
    Its very scary coming off the pill after so many years.

I am currently 72 days after stopping the pill and have not had a period however I have been diagnosed with PCOS so I am not really surprised. It could be a very long wait for me..

How are you doing @GemimaPuddleduck? I have been lerking around but not posting much lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default 20s & TTC

@twentysomething I've been okay, having a down day today but have been really well otherwise.
    I wasn't very interactive for a while but decided that I would make more of an effort this week.
    How have you been?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twentysomething View Post
    Hi @JustJess86, welcome hope all goes well for you.
    Its very scary coming off the pill after so many years.

I am currently 72 days after stopping the pill and have not had a period however I have been diagnosed with PCOS so I am not really surprised. It could be a very long wait for me..

How are you doing @GemimaPuddleduck? I have been lerking around but not posting much lol
    Hi @twentysomething, when did you get diagnosed with pcos? I've had one period (took 48 days) since stopping the pill and now on cd44 today waiting for the next one. I've considered going to see my dr but have had advice to wait for a couple of cycles for my body to adjust before I start getting worried.

To be honest I never even knew about pcos before I joined this forum. It seems to be everywhere. I'm trying to learn as much as I can before I dive into the ttc journey. The original plan was to wait another year but I feel as though Hubby and I should start sooner to combat all the challenges that come along with it!

All of you ladies are amazing - thanks for sharing your stories. It's such a comfort to know there's women out there to talk to & seek advice from.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Lavender86 as I've said to others, I don't see the point in waiting. They can at least run the tests (ultrasounds and bloods). Waiting won't change the results.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lavender I also have pcos. After I came off the pill back in 2012 I had two normal cycles then crazy long cycles lasting about 50- 60. Fx you don't have it its a friggen nightmare when ttc.

I'm hoping I'll have another normal cycle this month. Last month was a perfect 27 days. Dp is home at the moment too so as long as I ovulate as predicted then I might be in for a shot this month 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @JustJess86, we are trying to conceive our first two. I went off the pill in feb but have had a couple of really long cycles so hoping my body will sort itself out this month and we can have more luck. I was expecting it to be easy which was probably a bit naive of me! @GemimaPuddleduck I have seen a couple of posts where people have suggested "staying hydrated", what does that do? How hydrated? I ordinarily drink a lot of water but had never heard of it in relation to TTC...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your warm welcome and words of support. It's so nice to hear of others in the same boat, especially as ttc is not something you can easily speak about with friends/colleagues. The only one who knows we're ttc is my sister.

Lavender86 I got my test kit from the local chemist for about $80, it's called maybe baby. It uses saliva (first thing in the morning) to test for hormones. You're meant to see 'ferns' pattern through the viewfinder during o period. So far no ferns for me, but having only just come off the pill I wouldn't be surprised if it took a while as I had irregular cycles before pill anyway. My sister used maybe baby for her two pregnancies and found it helpful, no problems ttc for her. I get the impression there are a range of o tests though so might be worth asking for others recommendations.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @ElleDee it helps to keep your body healthy; including reproductive organs!
    Helps your uterus, eggs and cm
    I've just found a link for you too. http://www.conceiveeasy.com/get-preg...ting-pregnant/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Ahhh finally have the chance to come in and update. My appointment was good, and also not so great at the same time. My Dr was lovely and listened, answered all my questions. Told hubby that our best chances were to be trying at the very least every 2-3 days.
    Have got a request form for a lot of blood tests, to double check all my levels and such. But from where I am at the moment, there isn't much they can do for me. I will get another appointment in 4 months if I'm not pregnant before then.
    So yeah, still not sure what is going to happen.
    CD52 today