+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I know what you mean @twentysomething - I really want to have a family but a bit nervous about the whole thing (particularly about actually giving birth, might have to get over that!). I think there is never a perfect time and I'm never going to feel 100% good about the painful bits but in the grand scheme of life it will only be a tiny time... I started taking I-folic before I went off the pill because I had read some things that said you should take it for a month prior, some that said three months, and figured it couldn't hurt to take it for three before TTC. Once we conceive I will see whether the doc suggests something else but I think these are a good start. Can't believe we are at this stage of our lives, but also can't wait!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ElleDee View Post
    Hi @twentysomething yep same boat here! I went off the pill after 7 years and guess I was a bit naive, thought everything would just pick up as normal. It's now been about 6 weeks and no period yet Other than that I haven't really had any other effects, it has been a pretty smooth process (although probably if you asked DH I have been a bit moody, that could just be related to being busy at work and busy home life though). I just want my period to get back to "normal" first so we can plan TTC a bit better. Good luck TTC, it freaks me out a bit but also very exciting!

Hi @ElleDee,
    Sorry another question.. argh my head is going nuts! did you guys start "trying" as soon as you went of the pill or have you still be using other protection until you get a period back?
    Hubby wants to enjoy the process and have some fun lol but I know it is unlikely but wondering if I fall pregnant in first month with out knowing when my natural period is due, should I just wait 5 weeks and do a pregnancy test to be sure.. If we are having unprotected sex?
    I have some questions but feel really silly going back and forth to the doctor I think she is getting sick of me..

any advise guys coz I dont know if we should just be patient until my natural period returns (not one of my strongest points!) before we stop using all contraception
    4 or 6 weeks seems soooo looooonnng.... lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 20s & TTC

@twentysomething we started trying soon as I stopped, but after the first month when I realised my cycle hadn't returned yet we didn't 'try' that hard anyway. Was pretty disheartened and we don't normally DTD a lot anyway

Edit: also the FS said if I don't conceive he will count a year from when I stopped the pill for the purposes of taking further action etc, rather than from when my period started
    Last edited by Miss Ess; 25-03-2015 at 13:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @twentysomething I wanted my period to come back first so we could track things a bit better so we had been using other protection. Now I still don't have my period but I think i O'd last week (I had the EWCM) so I don't think I am particularly fertile now anyway. So we will stop using condoms and just see what happens. I agree though, no idea when to test if we fall pregnant now, I guess wait and see if you have other symptoms or just test once a week or something (this could seriously drive me insane!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So hubby and I were talking today and suddenly he's doing a bit of a back flip about Ttc! Argh! Men so frustrating! He claims that time is not right despite two days ago saying how he can't wait to have a family! What is with men! Did any ones else hubby? Go through the back and forwards? I think I just need to ride it through he will change his mind again in two days!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @twentysomething my hubby didn't go back and forth but I definitely did.

I was all for it 8 months ago then a few months later decided we should wait, then changed my mind. And changed it again.

Until last month. All of a sudden I decided I needed a baby in my life and I was being silly waiting.

I was waiting because other people told me I should.
    Waiting because my sister just had a baby.
    Waiting because my partner and I have great jobs that we will need to leave before having a baby.
    Waiting because we want to buy another house.
    Waiting because I didn't want to seem desperate.
    Waiting because mostly... I guess.. I was terrified I couldn't do it.
    I didn't want to let my husband down.
    He really wants a baby (and so do I) and I didn't want to keep letting him down every month.

I don't know if your husband is anything like me but I'd say he will change his mind soon.
    And when he does it will be full steam ahead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Uh guys... TTC plans is now being put off by 4.5 months because I'm not immune to chicken pox. I had the first injection recently, have to wait 6 weeks until the booster, then they don't recommend falling pregnant for 3 months afterwards because it is a live vaccine and can cause birth deformities. We were going to start TTC March, then delayed til June to get these immunisations, but now we have to wait til the end of August.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi ladies, do you mind if I join?
    DH and I are both 26 and we're TTC #3 We have twin boys who were born in 2011. Have been TTC since June 2013. 4 cycles in, we were pregnant but lost bub at 5 weeks. 10 months and 6 screwy cycles later we were pregnant again, but also lost that baby also at 5 weeks.
    Fast forward to now, it has been 7 months and I've just had my GP send off a referral to our local hospital clinic. Next step after that will be FS.
    So yeah, very very eager to be pregnant, scared sh1tless of the possibility of another miscarriage and completely over how long things are taking this time around.

Ha, sorry, that turned into a novel.
    I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys, I hope you're all blessed win sticky bfps soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Bubbly View Post
    Uh guys... TTC plans is now being put off by 4.5 months because I'm not immune to chicken pox. I had the first injection recently, have to wait 6 weeks until the booster, then they don't recommend falling pregnant for 3 months afterwards because it is a live vaccine and can cause birth deformities. We were going to start TTC March, then delayed til June to get these immunisations, but now we have to wait til the end of August.
    😐 I was not aware of this. I'm not immune to chicken pox. And I work with children too.. I always figured I'd get it another time..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Sabochan I'm so sorry you've experienced those losses. Fingers crossed your luck changes xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GemimaPuddleduck For This Useful Post:

Sabochan  (12-04-2015)