+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 87 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Single sorry I can't help with any personal experiences with spotting, but are you tracking your ovulation just with a calendar or with OPKs? Cause even if you are regular sometimes it is common to be a day or so out... I don't know if that explains spotting though sorry. Could you have ovulated early and it could be implantation spotting, or else I think UTI's can also cause slight bleeding after DTD so maybe rule that our, but main thing is not to stress!
    @MrsKLM I was like that on my first month of trying too! Of course we should be like that, cause its an exciting time planning to start a family Each month I say okay don't get your hopes up but I still can't help but get upset when I only see that one line... Still one day we will get there! I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you that it happens for you first month!

I've stopped telling people that we are TTC now, I found that the responses I was getting were making me upset so I've just gone quiet about it and only talk to hubby and mum about it. My best friend has just started seeing a new guy. She seems to mention in every conversation we have lately about how they joke about getting pregnant, how much it would ruin their lives and how maybe jokingly he could push her down the stairs!!! My god she knows we have been trying for four months to conceive and still makes remarks like this?! I don't laugh, I don't say anything, and I don't say how hurt I am cause I just don't know how...
    She never asks how we are going with TTC. I don't mention it a lot but when I do I get 'oh don't stress' like it's my fault or I'm overreacting I guess? Either way for once it would be lovely to hear someone say 'yeah it must be tough getting your hopes up each month then having to start again, I'm here if you want to talk'...

Sorry for the vent girls! Am I being silly being upset by this? Thanks
    Last edited by brunettechick; 27-07-2014 at 22:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @brunettechick

I dunno ill wait and see it seems to have gone away again now but ill just keep watch on it. Im using the opk saliva one and a calender I cant chart though because my temp never changes.

I dont think you are being silly about your friend I think that is insanely rude and people just dony understand that this journey is hard. Both of my sisters pregnancies were unplanned and every time I talk about ttc she always just responds that she didnt even have to try. People make comments like this because they dont realise that some of us really want this and its not a yellow brick road it is a difficult journey with ups and downs and comments like that can hurt but you just need to remember she doesnt understand because she isnt at that point in her life yet.

You will get there xx
    Last edited by Single; 28-07-2014 at 08:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Single I think you are right, because she isn't at the same position she just doesn't understand and I know she would never try to be hurtful, but still doesn't make it easier... but we will get there!

Good to hear that your spotting has stopped to! Hope you get your BFP this month

Just wondering any of you ladies have your man take Menevit? I've been taking folate since March (costing me a small fortune but worth it!)... should we consider getting him on something?
    We will be getting tested if we haven't conceived by November but for the meantime would love to increase our chances....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Went and saw my Dr today and now I have to go for blood tests, ultra sounds and to see a gyno. DP has to also have a sample tested. Bit overwhelmed and worries but I know it will all be worth it in the end.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck @Courtcort !
    Like you said, better to sort it out now if there's any issues 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Courtcort View Post
    My cycle has been going forever this month. Around Day 50 :-( I went off the pill in April after 2 a half years. The first 2 months were pretty normal. Did any of you have the same? It's so frustrating.
    I'm about the same as you Courtcort - so frustrating. I was on the pill for 11 years, came off in Feb. 1st cycle was pretty normal, but has been between 40 - 70 day cycles since then. :-/ I saw a gyno a couple of weeks ago and was diagnosed with pcos. Not what I was hoping to hear, but at least I know why it's happening.
    I hope your tests all come back ok. At least you'll have some clarity.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Bexta2 went to the Dr today, cycle day 66, can I ask what they are doing about your pcos and if it's working. Have been given referrals for some blood tests, ultra sound and booked into see a gyno. Feeling a little bummed about it all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm feeling about the same @Courtcort. So hard to hear that all the things you've been stressing about might actually be a legitimate concern. Take some comfort in knowing you're not alone though.

I saw the gyno and she did blood tests and an internal ultrasound, so same sort of thing. She said with pcos there is still the possibility that we could conceive without help, but it's not easy to do 'cause O is so hard to track.

She suggested we wait a couple of months and just see what happens. After 2 months if nothing has happened, then she would do an xray of my tubes to make sure everything is ok there, and do a sperm count as well. If all ok, then I can start on Clomid, which from my understanding brings on O. We'd then be on a 'roster' of sorts to catch the bet time We think we might do the testing early though - would rather face all our battles up front!

When are you booked in to see your gyno? I hope it all goes ok and you get some answers. It might be a relief to know what's going on, as then you can start putting things in place to overcome it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm booked in for the 19th next month but have to call and see if I need to do my bloods first. Have ultra sound booked for next week. I agree though I would rather just get into it instead of waiting another 2 months.

It's nice to know that there are other going through it @Bexta2. We will get there in the end my DP keeps telling me to stay positive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope the next few weeks go quickly for you. Nothing worse than waiting!
    That's good that your DP is keeping you calm. Mine is convinced there's going to be something wrong with him too - not helping!
    You're right though - we'll get there one way or the other. Keep me updated with your progress.