+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 87 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkentofu View Post
    Here's a question for you all... How did you know you were ready for a baby?

I've been going back and forth between yay and nay for a while now so this was our first month of active trying... But I'm still pretty freaked out and still in doubt!

DH is not much help. Doesn't seem like he cares either way lol
    For me my maternal instinct kicked in when I fell pregnant unexpectedly when I was 20yrs. I'd never really thought of it before then, but something really changes alongside your hormones and I felt so different. Sadly I had a missed miscarriage but my longing for a baby never went away and now it's a long 6 years later!
    Many many emotions have followed in these years.
    In saying that though, I knew I wasn't really ready then, neither was that relationship, so I never rushed TTC, and enjoyed my youth.
    When I met my husband I was upfront from the start that I wanted kids down the track,etc and he wasn't scared of that one bit haha and now that we are trying it does feel so right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your input, ladies! I do want to start a family and all the circumstances seem ideal... own home, stable job etc and DH and I are homebodies with our lives currently revolving around our dog!

but I think I'm just scared of doing a bad job. I never really have that maternal instinct... when I see other people's kids I generally try to stay out of the way because I don't know what to do with them!

Anyway to bring it back on topic... Still no sign of O on CD 17. Boo - I miss my 28-30 day cycles.

Anyone got good news to share?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your input, ladies! I do want to start a family and all the circumstances seem ideal... own home, stable job etc and DH and I are homebodies with our lives currently revolving around our dog!

but I think I'm just scared of doing a bad job. I never really have that maternal instinct... when I see other people's kids I generally try to stay out of the way because I don't know what to do with them!

Anyway to bring it back on topic... Still no sign of O on CD 17. Boo - I miss my 28-30 day cycles.

Anyone got good news to share?
    You sound exactly like us! Our dog is way too spoilt!! I'm on CD16 and no sign of O either! Fx it comes soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bellebelle12 View Post
    11 dpo and BFP yesterday! Used a digi clear blue and read 'pregnant 1-2' . Almost feel guilty as this is our first time ttc and it seems to have happend so quickly.. For so many people we know are trying and it's taking them many months. Fingers crossed it keeps going in the right direction xx
    WOW CONGRATULATIONS Bellebelle12!!!!! First time lucky! ohhh im so jealous but really happy for you hun! yay yay yay

Thanks
    Reviews

I've been going back and forth between yay and nay for a while now so this was our first month of active trying... But I'm still pretty freaked out and still in doubt!

Hmm that doesnt help if DH is unenthusiastic
    I have been wanting a baby for about a year now but kept it to myself until January this year when a few of my close friends had babies now the urge is on full force and consumes my mind every single day! I want to start a family so bad. My partner is on board with it but a typical boy and playing it cool hehe but we are constantly talking about it and educating him along the way with all the things I'm researching, we even talked about baby names on the weekend which was so cute I have a list of boy and girl names we like.
    After reading all the new entries on these threads i did a test and it was negative which i wasnt surprised at. Its only 8 DPO and 6 days till AF returns.

i do believe that some people are never really 'truly' ready. But when it happens you are so happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    CD30 and AF due today and not in sight, instead just creamy, thick cm (sorry TMI!) but still neg hpt this morning... So confused we timed O exactly right so not sure what to think. It was just an Internet cheapie, should I buy a different test? Thanks ladies X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brunettechick View Post
    CD30 and AF due today and not in sight, instead just creamy, thick cm (sorry TMI!) but still neg hpt this morning... So confused we timed O exactly right so not sure what to think. It was just an Internet cheapie, should I buy a different test? Thanks ladies X
    I'm in the same boat - AF due tomorrow or today, got a BFN test yesterday myself - and I've got a crapload of thick CM as well!! I'd wait another couple days then buy one at the chemist to be sure.
    @bellebell12 - congrats, so exciting
    @Silkentofu - DH and I had originally planned to start trying over a year ago, and we kept putting it off - finally when we decided to start this year (after putting it off 2-3 times), it really felt right. I can't explain it, I guess we both just feel really "DONE" with everything currently in our lives - we're quite content with everything and are ready for the next thing. If that makes sense?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @brunettechick those internet cheapies aren't very sensitive, i would try a frer.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Hah, okay, my story:
    I was desperate for a baby since about 13. We started 'trying' when I was 22, DD was born just after I turned 23. Despite having always wanted to be a parent, I don't think I was 'ready' in a lot of ways. Getting close to my due date I was completely freaked out, and a newborn was SO much harder than I ever expected. The reality is that I didn't have much experience with babies, and it was one hell of a learning curve.

I absolutely love it though - best thing I've ever done. I wish I'd had more hands-on experience with babies prior to DD's birth, as I think the reality wouldn't have hit me so hard. That said, I don't think you really know how you'll cope until you have a baby. How 'ready' you fell isn't an indication of how well you'll manage.

Also, despite having had no previous experience with a newborn and having an awful time... we got through it. Now wanting to do it agin

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I'm pretty sure I O early so ahh the dreaded 2 week wait lol
    I'm still going to every second night until af is due lol just incase haha