+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you can get your mind off things a bit @bEAUTiFuL BeGiNnInGs !

Gals, what's your stance on the whole "don't have sex every day" thing? If I BD today, but take a positive OPK tomorrow - surely it is best to have sex tomorrow too, even though it's 2 days in a row? (I've heard you shouldn't do it every day in order to preserve the good sperm or something?)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BeAUTiFuL BeGiNnInGs View Post
    Sorry ladies I have been off the grid a bit. I'm looking at a more relaxed approach this cycle. Probably going to still do home ovulation test but will just wait for af this time instead of testing for bpf. Busy few weeks/weekends ahead so hopefully I will be too distracted to think about it and I will be surprised with a bfp! Might as well just enjoy the practicing 😜
    Good luck for you I'm going to try that relaxed approach this month. Don't want to keep putting myself down over it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by alexa2 View Post
    Hope you can get your mind off things a bit @bEAUTiFuL BeGiNnInGs !

Gals, what's your stance on the whole "don't have sex every day" thing? If I BD today, but take a positive OPK tomorrow - surely it is best to have sex tomorrow too, even though it's 2 days in a row? (I've heard you shouldn't do it every day in order to preserve the good sperm or something?)
    We started out trying to do it all the time aka everyday but this cycle we are more relaxed but don't get me wrong I'd be bding if I got a positive opk no matter the conditions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the lovely welcome ladies!
    I'm also trying to just relax this month, even though it's our third month trying it's actually the first month when hubby has actually been home when I O'd so I'm feeling a bit more aware of it this time...

As for DTD every second day a month, I think relax is better but then DTD once a day during your fertile time (5 days/mth) that's what I heard....?

In saying that hubby has been away all this cycle so we have once DTD yesterday on my O day... Do you think we still have a chance?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @brunettechick it only takes once!!

It must be hard with him being away. We are on our first TTC cycle and I am coming into my fertile days so will try to do it once a day for the next few days and then will relax a bit after that. I am such an impatient person that I think the waiting is going to kill me lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @courtcourt Yeah I hope so! He's home for the next week so we will have a few more chances but I think it's only 24-36hrs after O that it's possible?
    Oh well we are still thinking positive!
    I told him not to get his hopes up but he rubs my tummy and says do you feel pregnant yet afterwards haha if only we knew that quickly!
    The 2WW should go fast though hopefully

Fingers crossed for us all X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @brunettechick that is cute. My dh often asks me after dtd if im pregnant yet. Hehe.

Hope you catch that eggy

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Courtcort View Post
    @brunettechick it only takes once!!

It must be hard with him being away. We are on our first TTC cycle and I am coming into my fertile days so will try to do it once a day for the next few days and then will relax a bit after that. I am such an impatient person that I think the waiting is going to kill me lol!
    Im reading a book at the moment 'the impatient womans guide to getting pregnant fast' and its really good so far! Describes me perfectly and is written in a very easy going fun way. I highly reccomend it ladies!
    My partner and are on our first real TTC cycle. Plan to DTD every 2nd day in my fertile days.

I see alot of you are using ovulation tests which sound difficult to interperate or unreliable. Have you considered getting a Fertility monitor??? Its a machine that reads your high and peak fertile days. Its pretty expensive though which I'm thinking thats why people dont bother. Just makes more sense to me. Whats your opinion on it?
    Last edited by Newly2BMum; 06-06-2014 at 18:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Newly2BMum View Post
    Im reading a book at the moment 'the impatient womans guide to getting pregnant fast' and its really good so far! Describes me perfectly and is written in a very easy going fun way. I highly reccomend it ladies!
    Haha sounds like this book was written for me!

As for the fertility monitor it seems to me to be a lot of cash for a machine that does pretty much the exact same thing as an OPK, only taking the guess work out of it. What really puts me off is that you have to continue to purchase additional test strips after forking out quite a bit of money for the monitor. I haven't found OPKS too difficult to interpret. When the line starts getting darker we BDed every day until it went to positive and then negative again. I think the monitors are a bit of a waste of money. Only my opinion, hope it helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that book does sounds just like me! Haha
    My friend has given me all her pregnancy books and gives me tips all the time (she has a 19mth old and 4mth old!) which I like to talk about, she makes me have a positive attitude that it'll happen this year

As for the OPKs I too find them easy to use, and not expensive at all. I just buy them bulk online at the pregnancy shop. I use the dip ones, and the instructions that ovulation happens the next 24-36hrs after the surge(positive). But I think the maybe baby predicts the day of O instead.

Enjoy your long weekend ladies! My husband has taken me to the coast and have some time to ourselves X