+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default CD 18 egg collection - is it to late?

Ladies - help please... I currently have pcos and my cycles are anywhere from 32-40 days... We have decided to do ivf.... I am on day 8 of injections and my bloods are still base line (and still bleeding from period which has never happened....) so they have increased my dose today, I was booked for egg collection next Friday however it will now be pushed back to next Monday which will be day 18... Is that too late?? Will the eggs be less quality being in there for longer????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine was day 17... I got a BFP & DS is now a healthy 15 month old... Trust your docs... I had to have my dosage upped aswell, fingers crossed for EPU.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks AmyEL much appreciated to be honest i have put myself into a flap about it so your story makes me feel better!!!! I was worried my quality would be heaps lower waiting from day 15 to day 18.... We are also doing pgd so I'm sure an issue will show in that if there was one.. Or the fs would say something wouldn't they?? This is my 2nd increase.... I guess it's trial and error hey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Exactly why they monitor your progress :-) its very hard to relax when your going thru it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine were collected on day 18 with no probs. We had 18 collected and 15 of those are now little embryos on ice :-) I've got pcos and took a little while to get going but it didn't seem to effect egg quality or else I don't think we would have such a high fert rate. Try not to worry xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nah doesn't make a difference, it's all controlled by drugs. Your body is just a passenger and the drugs are the driver. I always stim for way longer than they say at the start.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am still bleeding from my period and I am on day 9.... Nurses day because I am still base line with estrogen and will stop once levels increase.... It's weird I so hope this cycle works!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very excited and nervous at the same time as have first ultrasound tomorrow so I wish eggs are ready and I can egg collect on Monday... Day 14 today of injections!! but what will be will be I guess

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck! Come back and update us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well unfortunately it wasn't meant to be today.. I have 2 follicles that are around 14mm and then heaps smaller ones so more injections... Wait for bloods today.. Nurse thinks egg collection another week away probably Friday now so now egg collection potentially cd22 days!!!! Sucks!!! Am very disappointed but oh well..