+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Back to back labour

Hi
    Has anyone had a natural birth with the babies back laying on yours? Did bub turn? Does it hurt more when they are in that position? Any tips to get bub to move?
    I'm Due on Mother's Day
    Tia

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi I have had two posterior babies so I can't comment on wether it hurt more or not. I will say though that I had contractions on the front and immense back pain so I found it quite hard to find a position that relieved it or where I felt comfortable enough to concentrate. Both of my babies never turned and became stuck during pushing so I needed forceps with ds1 and the vaccum with ds2. Ds1 was posterior for weeks before he came and unfortunately I didn't do anything to turn him. Ds2 came 3 weeks early and I had only found out the previous day that he was posterior so didn't get the chance to try and turn him.

Two things I was told the first time was 1. Spend time on your hand and knees with a bit of swaying. 2. Check out the spinning babies website as they have a few different positions to try. In saying that bub could turn on its own or bubs have been know to turn during labour and even during pushing. Also there are ladies who have experienced both and have said there was no difference or that their posterior bub was the easier one. Or they just wont turn no matter what you do! Good luck
    Last edited by Purple Lily; 09-05-2014 at 17:46.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Is that where your baby is in the posteria position?
    My baby girl was posteria throughout my pregnancy, turned the correct way a week or so before my due date but then quickly went back into the posteria position. This meant that my labour failed to progress once my waters had broken and I was induced. She turned the correct way during my labour and was born naturally.
    (Hope that's what you meant, otherwise please disregard my post! )
    Good luck anyway, how nice being due on mother's day!

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My pregnancy where bub was posterior was much more painful than DS2 who was posterior right up until my last appointment. I did lots of stuff from the spinning babies website, but I'll never know if that helped or if bub just turned on his own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dd wouldn't move no matter what I tried. Got induced 4 hour labour she turned somewhere around 9cm no worries. Back pain wasn't nice but it was my first birth so nothing to compare it to

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both my labours started off in the back. With my eldest I wasn't as proactive in shifting her so she was helped out via ventouse. My second I was more educated and kept mobile and did all the exercises on spinning babies and she turned by herself during labour.

Epidurals will not help move bub around as lying on your back promotes a posterior birth. Hot packs on belly and ice packs on the back help.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    All 5 of mine so far had back labour. I guess I had a bit less with number 3.
    All but number 4 turned in labour, but my fifth not until he was crowning (yes that hurt and tore me).
    I had no problems with labour progressing but I had no pain relief and I kept active during the labours.
    From what I've read, if it's your first baby you might have some success in getting baby to turn before labour and stay put, but subsequent babies are more likely to keep turning until established labour.
    good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, my dd was posterior. I had an epidural however, when things started to progress further the lower back pain and pain in my bum was horrific, the epidural didn't block that pain.
    Worst thing was all I wanted to do was stand but because I had the epidural I couldn't, I was stuck in bed.

She didn't turn at any stage during the labour.
    Last edited by May baby; 09-05-2014 at 21:01.