+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Doctors appointment booked for tomorrow but terrified of doctors!

Okay, ive finally worked up the guts to go to the doctors tomorrow. I'm having problems with an old injury so thought id do a two for one thing. Problem is I'm really scared of doctors. I have no idea why! I know they are just people but i get into the office and completely forget what I'm there for! Its weird, i can speak in front of groups of people for work but when its personal its different. Anyone else have this problem or is it just me? Going to ask about my lack of period etc. I freaked out when i had to go for a sprain! Any tips on how I'm going to talk about fertility issues!? Haha...
    Last edited by Violet85; 08-05-2014 at 17:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Write a list of things you want to talk to your Dr about...and don't forget to take the list with you lol (I always forget!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree making a list does help. But i have a doctor-phobia too, not as bad as my dentist-phobia tho! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Hugs Your not alone.

My dad is the same.
    Write down everything you can on a piece of paper and put straight in your purse or write it in the notes section of your phone.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. I'd say its nice to know its not just me, but its a horrible feeling so don't want anyone to have it. Thanks, i will make a list. Unfortunately a well meaning grandmother unintentionally brought me up with a theory that if you go to the doctors they will tell you something terrible! Love her, but really? So of course i go straight to "what terrible thing are they going to tell me?!"
    ive decided my want for a baby overshadows my fear somewhat which is why I'm going. Seeing a different doctor tomorrow so fingers crossed. I haven't had great experiences with doctors... Thanks again.

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    If it helps, my fear of drs got better once I got pregnant. And now its all about my son its much easier! Still hard to go for myself though!

Good luck! Fx you get a bfp soon.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I was the same.

I ended up being just fine though. My FS was wonderful and eased me through it though.

- Write a list of questions
    - practice a few of the first ones at home. Once you get started you can get going easier
    - close your eyes and just start talking when you get there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the support ladies! It really is appreciated. The new doctor was really sweet and although i forgot how to English and did sound like an idiot, she was very patient. She did a blood test to check my hormones but said it might just be because I'm coming off the pill and it took my mum 15 months for her period to sort out after coming off the pill before she had me. She also did a blood test for pregnancy because she said sometimes they don't show up in any way but through a blood test. Anyone know what happens if the test shows my hormones are off? Again, thanks. Xx