+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Super congested every day - possible allergies, what can I take?

Im so congested every morning I can hardly breath through my nose. Spend the whole morning sneezing & with my nose *********. For some reason it tends to get a bit better in the afternoon. I feel terrible, so stuffy & just bleh.

Now its got to the point where ive had to blow my nose so much that when I do it now it bleeds.

I guess im going to hsve to go to the doctor but I cant get there till next week. What can I do in the meantime?

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I go through this every winter and I remember it being worse each time I was pregnant. Rhinocort each night really helped me and was approved by my OB.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    How far along are you? In my first trimester I was the same but its caused by the increased blood flow all around the body.

I used terry white chemist nasal spray, unsure of the ingredient but it was safe to use - I used it twice a day.

It then cleared up when I was into my second trimester.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I get sinus at the best of times, but when I was pregnant with the increased blood flow etc, I suffered terribly! Most Pharmacists would only recommend saline nose spray or drops when pregnant, however after speaking with medicine line and a Pharmacist, they recommended meds for acute sinusitis or colds and Influenza with Dexchlophniramine or Chlorpheniamine after the first trimester.

That said, like anything med wise with pregnancy it is always best to consult with medicine line: 1300 633 424 or with your Pharmacist who can look up the drug administration book for you and outline the risks and categories.

I also used to drink heaps of water and keep my nasal passages moist, so lot's of saline nose sprays and a vapourisor at night in bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniquey View Post
    I get sinus at the best of times, but when I was pregnant with the increased blood flow etc, I suffered terribly! Most Pharmacists would only recommend saline nose spray or drops when pregnant, however after speaking with medicine line and a Pharmacist, they recommended meds for acute sinusitis or colds and Influenza with Dexchlophniramine or Chlorpheniamine after the first trimester.

That said, like anything med wise with pregnancy it is always best to consult with medicine line: 1300 633 424 or with your Pharmacist who can look up the drug administration book for you and outline the risks and categories.

I also used to drink heaps of water and keep my nasal passages moist, so lot's of saline nose sprays and a vapourisor at night in bed.
    This. It's actually quite a normal pregnancy symptom. I suffered with it too, as pp's have said, the only thing you can take is the saline nose sprays such as Fess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies! Ill heard to the pharmacist & have a chat to them & get some nasal spray.

For the person who asked, im 32 weeks tomorrow - ive had the congestion on & off all pregnancy, but I also normally get hayfever this time of year so im guessing its just exacerbating it

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app