+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies yea my bosses r disgusting pigs!!!
    I was never going to go back after maternity leave coz of the bullying I was receiving but we decided that maybe I could suck it up if I could work only part time for the money after maternity leave.
    But I was disgusted the way they were treating me today. I'm due in 7 weeks and they were making me walk all over the city to deliver documents and carry heavy groceries back from the supermarket. I seriously struggled today, my baby is sitting really low in my pelvis and all that walking killed me, struggled to not wet myself and waddling around the city is so not fair!
    On my way home tonight I was swearing so much to DP. Their attitude today made me sick and I have to remember the way they have treated me since I got pregnant. I don't support a workplace like that. So they can think I'm coming back full time, but yea **** them, I won't be coming back once my last day is over next wk.
    by going back I'm saying their behaviour is ok. I hope my bosses rot for the way they have treated me. I'm so angry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post
    If the job cannot be done part time, the employer can reject the request. We have had this happen in my workplace.
    That would probably come under the part about being impractical to hire other employees to accommodate the request I guess. We definitely have some jobs at our office that simply wouldn't work with someone working part time. The continuity of dealing with clients wouldn't work well if there were people job sharing the position, and it wouldn't be the type of job someone could do a few days a week. We would have to reject a request for those jobs I would think. But, they still have to respond in writing and set their reasoning out. They can't just say "no" and leave it at that.

OP that is horrible the way they have treated you today! It sounds a bit like they're doing it on purpose, knowing it would be difficult to you. I would be SO mad. Hopefully if you decide you need some extra money after maternity leave you can find a different job with some sane people!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well that's the thing they actually cut my days down to part time when I told then I was pregnant as they said my job had become too quiet which is true but being part time I'm run off my feet busy. That's why I don't understand why they couldn't just keep it the way it was.
    That's enough venting. If I need the money I cannot go back there after this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, I'll give them a call tomorrow. Doesn't sound right for sure and especially when my job can quite easily be done part time now

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelbel29 For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (20-08-2014)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Absolutely they must consider your request and respond within 21 days.
    Obviously the job can be done in less hours - they've proven it by cutting yours.
    I know you said you don't want to go back because of how they're treating you Op and I absolutely don't blame you - who would want to go back to that hell hole?
    But...nothing makes me wilder than when people are forced out because employers don't take the time to educate themselves on their obligations. If you don't want to follow the law, don't be an employer.