+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes great idea KW123.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I told my nice boss he didn't really react or seem shocked just said he will talk to my other boss after I told him that he has to handle this and make sure it does not happen again for the remainder of my pregnancy at work. He said don't worry he will deal with it.

At social lunch today (just takeaway and we all sit around and eat tighter) he mentioned that his "comment about Kelly on the train was 'apparently' inappropriate yesterday so I prob shouldn't mention it again to those of u that didn't hear"? Once again no one even said anything, think my boss was trying to be funny but didn't work yet again.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Boss does not get it! It wasn't "apparently" inappropriate. It WAS inappropriate.
    I would speak to the other boss again. Not necessarily with the intent of them doing anything further but so they are aware that boss didn't get the seriousness.
    Also to point out that boss doing this in front of everyone was belittling and caused further embarrassment - if that's how you feel. I don't want to put words in your mouth.
    Your boss also did not apologise which would be the only reason to raise this again in front of others.
    As someone else said, time for some EEO training for everyone.
    Keep a diary - just in case

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

ozeymumof5  (08-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What an ar$ehole

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ozeymumof5 For This Useful Post:

haveheart  (08-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, yes I agree I need to talk to my other boss again tomorrow and let him know and also put the pressure on him that this is not to happen again for the remainder of my pregnancy at work. I will put more emphasis on how humiliating and embarrassed he made me feel and also he did not have my permission to announce the way he did my pregnancy to others in the workplace.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I have only 2 weeks of work left before I start my maternity leave. Cannot wait to leave after the way they have been treating me!!!
    But DP and I thought we need to keep our options open just incase I can't find another job after the baby is born.
    So I asked my manager if I could return to work part time instead of full time. She said straight out no.
    Unfortunately if that's the case I'll have to quit as I spend 3 hours a day travelling to and from work so couldn't possibly do it full time with a baby as that'll equal pretty much a 55 hour week.
    Has anyone been in the same situation as me and had to quit work because it can't be part time after kids?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelbel29 View Post
    So I have only 2 weeks of work left before I start my maternity leave. Cannot wait to leave after the way they have been treating me!!!
    But DP and I thought we need to keep our options open just incase I can't find another job after the baby is born.
    So I asked my manager if I could return to work part time instead of full time. She said straight out no.
    Unfortunately if that's the case I'll have to quit as I spend 3 hours a day travelling to and from work so couldn't possibly do it full time with a baby as that'll equal pretty much a 55 hour week.
    Has anyone been in the same situation as me and had to quit work because it can't be part time after kids?
    I think they have to think about any request to go pt, and have damn good grounds to refuse it. Do you have a hr dept you can talk to?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yea unfortunately no HR department.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Firstly, your boss is a disgusting, inappropriate pig.

Secondly, your other bosses don't seem to be supporting you either and that p*sses me off for you even more. Especially the woman, she seems weak.

Thirdly, like others have said, note it and I would seriously consider reporting it to Fair Work Australia. This is bullsh*t.

I stopped working about 6 weeks ago because the company I worked for were a pack of uneducated idiots. They constantly spoke about my pregnancy behind my back (which obviously got back to me). I had no HR Department to go to. I told them what I thought and left.

I am so sick of workplace bullying. This is such a huge issue and it needs to be stopped. Women in particular are victims of this each and every day. If we don't stand up for ourselves and band together, no other b@stard will.

Good luck with it all but stand your ground, you deserve respect!!

Me 👩 36; DF 👨 34
    DS 🐢 07/02/97
    DD 🐝 27/09/99
    DS 🐳 26/04/02
    DD 🐞 06/09/06
    DD 🐣 Due 03/12/14

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jodes35 For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (20-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    They have to consider your request and respond in writing within 21 days. They can only refuse flexible / part time working hours on reasonable business grounds.

These pages set out how to go about making the request, and what are considered "reasonable business grounds".

http://www.fairwork.gov.au/leave/mat...parental-leave

http://www.fairwork.gov.au/Employee-...g-arrangements

Your boss sounds like a horrible, inappropriate....person! for lack of a better word!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (20-08-2014)