+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd be straight to the HR office. Not like you don't have any witnesses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you firsttimemum
    I kept aka if my partner if I'm over reacting, obviously not as he is livid and you agree thanks!
    I'm still in shock that this comment was made!

I do need to say something tomorrow about these comments otherwise it'll keep happening.

The lady on the phone at the human rights commission said most work complaints are actually about women receiving derogatory complaints about their pregnancy and she said it's terrible that the % of women not returning to work after their maternity leave because of how they were treated when pregnant is huge.
    Very interesting phone call to her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    I would be asking why he is taking the time out to count back in the first
    Place! Seriously - who does that? And to an employee?? And then tells you and comments further!!! I have a really strong urge to kick him in the shins on your behalf. With steel cap boots.
    Last edited by bpac; 07-05-2014 at 21:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha that's great love the kicking him with steel cap boots comment!!!

Time for me to go to bed guys, exhausting day and thanks for all the support from everyone, you are all really lovely people! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey,

Does anyone know how to do the wording of my complaint in writing?

I want to write a written complaint and give it to my nice boss, no point giving it to the jerk that said it as he clearly thinks there is nothing wrong with what he said.

I thought writing it is better than just telling my boss as this way he can refer back to the exact words that my other boss said etc and I was also going to give him a print out of the human rights fact sheet on pregnancy discrimination.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You can do it via email or word document. Just write what happened and also how it made you feel, and that you are making a complaint. It doesn't need to be overly long.

I assume you don't have an internal EEO policy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    If is was me I would have replied (in front of the whole office) "gee you are game saying something like that in this day and age." Then in private I would have said to him "I don't appreciate comments like that. Please don't make them again." If he tried to say lighten up I would have said "I'm not negotiating this with you. My bottom line is that the comments werne unacceptable and need to stop or I will take it further."

Then again managers don't intimidate me. Is there someone in the office of a similar standing to your boss who you would trust to say something to him?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou I will send it in an email.
    No we have no such policy nor do I have any employment contract.
    Crappy workplace

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will say in the email that I want my boss to take all reasonable steps to make sure this does not happen again for the remainder of my pregnancy at work?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Can't hurt. I might even suggest they look into some EEO training for the whole office!