+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnant straight after M/C

I had a m/c at 7 weeks pregnant on the first of April. This pregnancy was my second pregnancy after having my first child who is now 2.5 years old. It is now 5 weeks since my m/c and no period so I have done a hpt and it's positive!!! I am just wanting some other ladies experiences that may be in the same boat conceiving straight away after a m/c. I am a little apprehensive to go and confirm at the doctor and so incredibly scared of a dating scan and being told news I don't want to hear due to what I have just been through. Inside I am incredibly scared but excited and just want some others stories about how they handled it and how it worked out for you... Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats firstly I'm in the same situation I had a miscarriage on the 29th march I never got a period so tested on the 30th April and got a positive so went to the dr and blood test came back with hcg at 41 definitely pregnant and have had two more bloods to see it rise which it's done beautifully I'm 5 weeks and really hoping this one sticks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for replying congratulations to you too. I will have to book in at the doctors and get the bloods confirmed. Then we can start to dream a little again about this next baby. I am thinking I would be about 4-5 weeks too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I hate to be a Debbie downer but have you had your HCG levels checked after the miscarriage?
    I know mine were still high enough to give a positive result on a HPT approx 5-6 weeks after my D&C.
    If you go for bloods just make sure your doc repeats them a couple of days later to make sure they're going up and not down.

Wishing you the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same thing happened to me I got preg straight after mc at 7.5 weeks I think if your body is ready it's ment to be

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got pregnant the next cycle after my miscarriage with my second ds who has just turned one.
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    I hate to be a Debbie downer but have you had your HCG levels checked after the miscarriage?
    I know mine were still high enough to give a positive result on a HPT approx 5-6 weeks after my D&C.
    If you go for bloods just make sure your doc repeats them a couple of days later to make sure they're going up and not down.

Wishing you the best
    Not a Debbie Downer being realistic is a good thing. I did a test early on and it was negative and then progressively it's finally shown a really dark positive. But I guess the only real way is to get blood tests done by the doctor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We conceived DS 6 weeks after DD was stillborn so it's not impossible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FuddyMum View Post
    Not a Debbie Downer being realistic is a good thing. I did a test early on and it was negative and then progressively it's finally shown a really dark positive. But I guess the only real way is to get blood tests done by the doctor.
    Oh good, I wasn't sure if you were aware of that.
    Well congratulations then hehe, that's fantastic news