+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    yes, despite labeling often my kids clothes disappeared at CC

One day DD wore a cardigan to CC that was knitted by MIL and it didn't come home - my bad for letting her wear it. About a month later another child was running around wearing that same cardigan - so I went up to the child at go home time and asked for it. The mother was furious and insisted she'd bought it until I pointed out the label and the fact it was handmade by my MIL.

Quote Originally Posted by Raising Leprechauns View Post
    I know a mum who picks out whatever her kid has lost. (School jumpers at $80 each are the baine of my life ATM)
    Again - I have taken back my child ($190) blazer off another kids clothes peg when it was clearly named.

I sew a name label inside the lining and inside the underarm of blazers - I can't afford to replace $190 blazers. I sew one or two tiny stitches of light blue thread on the back seam where the arm meets the body of the jacket so I can see which blazers to check for names

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (07-05-2014),LaDiDah  (07-05-2014),nicole83  (07-05-2014),Raising Leprechauns  (07-05-2014),Stretched  (07-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good on you WCM!

I'd have done the same if I saw another child wearing my kids stuff. What a cheek that mother had acting like it was hers..!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    it might have been an accident to take it home but it's intentional to keep it.
    Too true!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ds and Dd only went to daycare 2 days a week but they wore exactly the same outfits every Wednesday and every Friday and It was always really distinct (brightly coloured and unique) so we never had an issue with things going missing as all the staff and students knew exactly what their stuff looked like because they wore it every single week.

Tupperware was a bit of an issue for a while though and it felt like we used to lose it fairly often but I'm sure that was unintentional for the most part as even though it was labelled it seemed to rub off fairly easily.