+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I use to work in daycare and unfortunately some people are really dishonest.

We use to wash the kids containers and in instances where there was no name on the container & the kids couldn't identify it we would put them in a tub to collect, until I came in the empty room to a parent rifling through the tub taking all the Tupperware items. 😨

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd has come home several times with clothes or containers that don't belong to us. The containers are always returned the next day, as I obviously do the dishes every night. However sometimes it takes me a fortnight to return the clothes. I only wash on a weekend and sometimes I don't do the folding/putting away until the following weekend.
    So maybe some mum that's as disorganised as I am has taken them and not gotten around to returning them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh yes I do find it hard to believe someone would intentionally take DS's clothes especially since I know most of the parents... I am sure they will turn up, I was just peeved this morning as I keep asking the girls to look for them. Plus I have spent so much on clothes lately due to DS's epic toilet training journey...

I remember in school I lost several very expensive clothes.... I left hundreds of dollars worth if clothes in a change room at the gym when I was a teen and someone stole them. My parents were ropable, I just never thought people would actually do that, it's such a crap thing to do!

Thanks
    Reviews
    This used to drive me insane at daycare. We lost a few good things (jacket, pants, shoes) before I had to buy DD a whole bunch of cheap clothes to send her in because the good stuff would go missing and never come back.

Made me so angry. I understand mistakes happen but just take the god damn item back to daycare! We had things in DDs bag, and I'd take it back the next day. All our clothes were labelled so they must have known it wasn't theirs!

People are so dishonest. Our daycare once caught a parent stealing nappies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I learnt a long time ago that you only send your kids to daycare in stuff you wont miss. I had a drawer of daycare clothes - old or second hand or really cheap stuff.

New sneakers used to go a fair bit too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know 2 women who encourage their children to take the best clothes from lost property at school so they don't have to pay for school uniforms.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BbBbBh View Post
    I know 2 women who encourage their children to take the best clothes from lost property at school so they don't have to pay for school uniforms.
    I know a mum who picks out whatever her kid has lost. (School jumpers at $80 each are the baine of my life ATM)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my god, that is so wrong. Just scummy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is so bad. I get not everyone can afford school uniforms and that sucks, but the rest of us don't always have $$ just lying around to buy new uniforms anytime they're lost/stolen either.

Make a payment arrangement or buy second hand. I swapped my DDs too small dress with a mum at school who gave me her older daughters old one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    That is so bad. I get not everyone can afford school uniforms and that sucks, but the rest of us don't always have $$ just lying around to buy new uniforms anytime they're lost/stolen either.

Make a payment arrangement or buy second hand. I swapped my DDs too small dress with a mum at school who gave me her older daughters old one.
    Or just ask if anyone has any spare unifiorms they'd like to sell (from previous years)! Honestly, I'd be more than happy to help out a poor parent if I could, and I'm pretty poor myself at the moment. Stealing is just dishonest and sends a bad message to children. Asking for help is a much better option.