+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default *losing* clothes at daycare/school!

A bit of a whinge really, but I am so annoyed.

I rarely put DS's good clothes on him for daycare but sometimes it happens. Now he came home more than a week ago missing his good label track pants and they are nowhere to be found. It's a small centre so I'm assuming they went home with a different kid. But they have not returned.

So annoyed. Have you ever deliberately or *accidentally* stolen clothes? It seems rather coincidental to me that all his not-good clothes make it back but the one time I put his good label expensive ones on they go missing. Grrrr!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I often would find other kid's clothes, hats, containers, and drink bottles in my kids bags. I always took them back.
    Heaps of our stuff went missing too and most of it never came back.
    Seems to be part of the whole daycare experience unfortunately.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not clothes, but my boy uses cloth nappies at day care and almost every week they send a nappy home with another cloth using parent (there are 3 of us in the centre.) I only send the dodgy ones so it's fine, and I've always gotten them back the week after.

We've never come home with anything extra... Except one time when DS came home wearing a pink girls tee after he dribbled his way through 5 of his own, lol. It belonged to the centre though. And we returned it.

Is it possible that the parent thought the extra clothes belonged to the centre and so didn't think it was a big deal?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a similar experience. DD's childcare asked me to get her a better drink bottle as the $3 sistema ones go quite ratty around the nozzle where the kids chew on them. So I brought in her tupperware one that I'd been keeping at home. I labeled all three parts of it with her name in permanent marker. It lasted 2 days and was then gone, never to be seen again.

Got her another $3 drink bottle, never even got misplaced for a day. Coincidence? I think not!

In the 3 years she was there I think there were 2 times when she had the wrong thing packed into her bag/dressed in someone else's jacket.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So wrong! I would never keep someone else's kids clothes if they came home accidentally!
    I once walked in to pick up DS and he was wearing someone else's zip up hoodie! We had a laugh about it and I took it off him before we left - but I generally send him to daycare with cheap t-shirts and bonds trackies just in case

Thanks
    Reviews
    What really annoys me is....you label your kids clothes yet they still end up in the lost property bin where other ppl think it's free for all to take!! (I had a mum admit she took other ppl clothes from lost property even if it was labeled )

Thanks
    Reviews
    This happens to me too. DS wet himself the other day and they put his dirty clothes in the locker he shares with another boy (who apparently wet himself quite a bit) and obviously the mum has taken DS's shorts and undies home... and kept them! Annoying because he only has a couple of pairs of shorts without buttons/zip and now one pair is gone.

Really annoying since his stuff is labelled. In two years, he's only ever come home with a bib that's not his and I sent it back the following week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think once my kids came home with other clothes so I washed them and sent them back. DD had the cutest pink cardigan that one day disappeared and has never been seen again, it might have been an accident to take it home but it's intentional to keep it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Last year my DD2 lost 3 brand new hats within a few weeks.
    They were all surf brand hats so weren't cheap. But all had her name inside in black perm marker
    The teachers kept telling me they'd turn up eventually.

I got annoyed and typed a note explaining that we had 3 missing hats, i put it in all the note pockets and a week later one by one all 3 of her hats mysteriously turned up in her locker.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also when DD1 started daycare we lost 2 sets of cot sheets in the first few months so the next set i sent along i wrote her name in black texta across the middle of the sheets and never had an issue again