+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Am I really pregnant? So confused

So my period is now 11 days late, I took 2 at home pregnancy tests which both came back negative so I went to the doctor at 9 days late for a blood test. I went back yesterday for the results and he said I had a very low positive (hcg 10) and to assume that I'm pregnant. He wasn't very helpful. I certainly feel pregnant. I've been feeling sick, incredibly hungry and moody all at the same time, my skin has turn into a monster and I'm constantly needing to urinate. So am I really pregnant? Is it even possible to show up positive on a blood test and not be?

Thanks
    Reviews
    If your bloods said 10 hCG then you're pregnant, yes. It sounds like maybe you're in the very early stages of pregnancy and ovulated late, is your Dr going to repeat the test in a few days?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliveaux View Post
    If your bloods said 10 hCG then you're pregnant, yes. It sounds like maybe you're in the very early stages of pregnancy and ovulated late, is your Dr going to repeat the test in a few days?
    This. I would go back in a few days and insist on follow up bloods to check the hcg level has increased.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This happened when I was pregnant so they just made me go back in a week or so for another blood test to make sure but I'd say you are pregnant!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay! Thank you for your replies

Yes, I forgot to add that he did tell me to get repeat tests done in a week or so.

I really wasn't expecting to fall pregnant so quickly! I guess there's a lot I need to know now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would check the level again to check it's rising but when you do any of the online due date calculators you they will be inaccurate with a level that's just starting if your period is that late. When I tested with my son I was 10 days late and kept getting negative results. Finally got a faint pos on a home test and confirmed it with a blood test. The level was positive but not what you would expect at 5 and a half weeks or so. So, all went fine with the pregnancy but my dates were out by about a week as I had ovulated late. With a level of 10, providing it's rising, you would be maybe just (under) 4 weeks pregnant. So, just take that into consideration when when you work out dates. Did he give you a blood slip to repeat it? We usually repeat them every 3 days to see if they are rising, and check that it's at least doubling every 48 hours. Good luck

7. The Following User Says Thank You to veggiemama For This Useful Post:

Oliveaux  (07-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah the doctor said I would be almost 4 weeks. He gave me the form to get the blood test yes I think I will take another home test at the end of the week to see what that says, if it comes up positive I can assume my levels have risen and then I will get the second blood test early next week

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Trying4baby For This Useful Post:

veggiemama  (07-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    congrats!! sticky baby dust