+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Diet tips and tricks - baby weight to lose

I've been on a mission to lose my post baby weight but I find I get REALLY hungry and start to feel deprived and miserable and can't seem to stick to a low cal eating plan.

Was hoping those of you who have been successful (or are currently on a plan that's working) could share some tips and tricks with me. I'd also love to know what snacks and meals you eat regularly that are low cal but filling. Thanks
    Last edited by 30sumthin; 06-05-2014 at 22:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm currently trying to lose my baby weight and prior to falling pregnant lost 8 kg by implementing a few small changes such as:

eating small regular meals (5 a day - 3 main plus two snacks).

Drinking heaps of water (for me, about 3L/day).

I also found writing down what I eat useful - it's amazing what I would eat somedays without realising - by writing it down and looking over it I could see areas where I could improve my eating (eg. Did I really need cake, chocolate and a coffee all in one day?).

Getting together good recipes that are low cal, easy to prepare and meal planning. I found the losebabyweight website really good - heaps of recipes and ideas for snacks. Women's Weekly also have a 21 day diet plan that has some great meal ideas in it - I found a copy at Coles for about $15.00.

And if I did want a treat, I made sure it was worth it - no crappy biscuits from the supermarket or muffin from a petrol station - it had to be a fabulous slice of cake from a patisserie or amazing risotto from the cafe up the road. I found this stopped me eating "treats" or extra calories that I didn't even really enjoy.

I also try to get moving as much as possible - walking, stairs etc.

Wish you all the best with your weight loss efforts!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing. I've hit a brick wall atm and struggling to lose the rest of my baby weight- 15kgs.

Sent from my HTC_PO582 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    How do people do it while BFing? I'm just hungry ALL the time!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Low cal eating is a thing of the past and you need to up your fat intake. Do some reading. It's working wonders for me.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Mulva  (07-05-2014),PomPoms  (07-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lilypily, Can you recommend any books or websites to check out? I would be interested in reading more about this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm doing the Michelle Bridges 12 week body transformation and have lost a huge amount of weight and feel amazing. Highly recommended.

If you want to go it alone, get the app My Fitness Pal and log EVERYTHING that goes in your mouth. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbleyhorse View Post
    @lilypily, Can you recommend any books or websites to check out? I would be interested in reading more about this.
    Google and Facebook Christine Cronau. I'm not allowed to post links I don't think bit this is a must for anybody starting to go full fat. One by one people are realising that fat was never the bad guy.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

wobbleyhorse  (07-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've just started the 5:2 diet.
    I can see this being a part of my lifestyle, so hoping it will stick.
    Idea is you eat normally for 5 days, then restrict calories to 500 on 2 non consecutive days a week. There are lots of health benefits and one of them is losing weight. When people are at ideal weight, they change to 6:1.