User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Smile 4 mths old baby moves around in Cot!

Hi All,

I have 4 mths old daughter who has just started to move and roll around, etc.

She has been using the wraps since birth til now. Has a way of getting of them. I have got her a Grobag (sleeping bag). Still she moves and rolls around the cot in it, and get caught in btw gaps of the cot, and cries, etc.

The only I can keep her still is use the wrap tightly and she will sleep, until she wakes up & will try & get out of it...

Cot bumpers for cot - what do you think of them? Do you think that would stop her getting the gaps?

Could you please give suggestions of ways of trying to keep her still and get her to sleep?

I look fwd to hearing your suggestions.

Cheers, Helen
    Daughter: Kayla 4 mths old

Thanks
    Reviews
    My little fella is 4 1/2 months old and does the same thing. Because he needs to have one end of his mattress propped up I've had to be inventive. What I've done is folded in half a cot sheet and tucked it in both sides and I pop him in it like a sleeping bag. It keeps him a lot more upright, he does still go sideways if he is on his tum (he rolls over) and hits his head on the bars but it's a lot less often. I am seriously considering getting a bumper for the sides for him. I used them with my other babies and they were fine as long as you tied them on tightly and tucked in the bottoms. IMO a thin bumper pad tied on tightly is better than a screaming baby in the middle of the night with an arm or leg lodged through the bars.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Helen,

Haven't used cot bumpers yet, but my son is 3 months old and has started to roll around as well, same as your daughter.

I still try to wrap him, but he is out of it before I can blink.

I use the Safe-n-Sound Baby Snuggler, bought it from Target, from memory cost about $25.

It does the following, from what the packet says:

- Prevents baby from rolling onto stomach;

- Won't restrict baby's arms or legs;

- Ideal for visiting or travelling;

- Machine washable; and

- Adjusts top fit from newborn to older babies.

I don't use it during the day for his naps, but do at night and it works a treat.

Hope that helps.

Cheers Susan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    the baby snuggler does not last long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    From memory there is another thread about a similar problem another mother was having and someone had found a mesh bumper for the cost. So that it lets plenty of air through so no worries about SIDS or being suffocated but still stopped all the arms and legs from falling out everywhere. Maybe a google search or a look through the other threads might turn up what it was called and where you could get one from.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former

Albert Einstein

Thanks
    Reviews
    you will probably find that shortly the baby will 'learn' the boundaries of the cot and move around less and less

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi our daughter did the same a few months ago.
    I didnt want to use the cot bumpers because of SIDS etc but having a chat with some of the other mothers they basically pointed out that when bub starts to roll around the cot they will have the strength to roll over if they get too close to the bumper and cant breathe.
    I freaked out one day when I checked in on her and her nose was against the bumper.
    I went in there every few minutes to check and eventually she moved away.
    We have one of those room monitors that you can also put a sensor under the bed and it will basically tell you when and if bub stops breathing etc. I think its called AngelCare.
    I unsed it for a day and then stopped.
    I put the bumpers in because she kept on bumping her head against the rails.
    Oh...and it did take her 3 months to settle down into some sort of routine after she found out she could roll, sit etc.

Good luck!
    me: : 38 hubby: 41 our DD: 6.5

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for those who have responded.

Another question - what do you think of "safe T sleep" that you put baby strap down around their tummy, saves them rolling over, etc?

What do you think?

Helen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, I'm the one that mentioned the mesh cot bumpers in another thread...I was having the same problem as you are. Brooke was getting stuck and waking all the time. The bumpers are called Airwrap, I got it from the Pram Warhouse www.pramwarehouse.com.au . I don't know where else they are sold. They are fully breathable (I tried putting my mouth up to it and there was no resistance to breathing at all) and don't hold the heat in
    I have found it so good, now she is still moving around her cot but just goes around in a circle, it is really funny to watch. she doesn't get stuck anymore though every now and then gets to the end of the cot and has her head jammed at the end but I am hoping that she will learn to move herself away from this soon .
    I hope that this helps, and that you find a way to either solve or tolerate the waking. Good luck!
    Last edited by YogiBear; 25-11-2006 at 20:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey I have just found a better site, it is the manufactuers site http://thelittlelinenco.com.au/ it has all the stockists on it