+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    10, 3.30 & 7.15!!! I repeat. 10, 3.30 & 7.15!!
    You happy with that!?! Anything different caused the improvement you think?

I've been meaning to ask what time do you go to bed in order to be able to cope with the night wakings? I go to bed 10:30-11pm and that's too late.i have to get up at 6am and am always tired. The problem is I like my wind down time at night when the kids are in bed..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (21-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just when he started doing a long stint at night and only waking once or twice the past week has been like he's a newborn and I feel like death .

Any tips to help me survive or just let me know it's passes?????

So far my intention is to just keep following the 'routine' we've been doing that had been working and hope it passes with no negative sleep associations I have to break later, this is the advice I read on 'the sleep site.'

I loosely follow an eat, play, sleep which the past couple weeks has gradually landed on specific times on it's own. Up around 6.30/7 and he last about 60-90 minutes up. Nap usually until 10. Then down again around 11.30-12. Up around 2. Down around 3.30-4. Up around 4.30-5. Then play until bedtime routine and asleep around 6.30-7. I follow his sleep cues.

He was doing about a 6 hour stint the first part of the night and then wake around 12 or 1 and maybe 4 and 6.30.

But now he's waking around 10 or 11 and then ever 1 1/2-2 hours after
    THANK U for this thread OP!!!!

Gees, I'm just wondering what I'm doing wrong with bub, who is 16weeks next week.

Waking 4-5 times a night.. It's kiiiiiiling me, seeing your thread just made me realise that hopefully it's just a 4mth sleep regression!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post

I've been meaning to ask what time do you go to bed in order to be able to cope with the night wakings? I go to bed 10:30-11pm and that's too late.i have to get up at 6am and am always tired. The problem is I like my wind down time at night when the kids are in bed..
    I'm exactly the same VicPark. I like the wind down too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My kids are now 8 and 5. I can remember the sleep deprivation all too clearly, it was awful. If you do a search, you will probably find posts by me about how I was barely coping.

Now? Im doing fine! Sleep every night :-) So hang in there, it really does get better

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Blueberry Crumble For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    10, 3.30 & 7.15!!! I repeat. 10, 3.30 & 7.15!!
    That sounds much better. 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post

Definitely happy with that, I think that's pretty prefect and text book for his age. He woke at 10 on his own (never trying a dream feed again). I was able to get a 50 ml bottle in before bath and then two full breasts after. The day before how his naps worked out made that hard so I think I've worked out his naps and feeds so that he's not starving but 50mls holds him until after bath so he takes a full feed then. Also went to sleep earlier, 6pm.

I would like to go to sleep at 9pm but DH isn't ready (wind down after work) until 11 so 10pm is our compromise because I can't fall asleep without him right now, horrible anxiety.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a newbie here, but I just put up a whole new post about the horrors of my 4 months old sleep and my utter confusion in relation to it. I've been through it before with my son, who is now 5, so I know they do eventually sleep, but right now life just feels foggy. So freaking tired.

Holly, I too suffer from anxiety and the lack of sleep is a definite contributor. Its so frustrating when you do get them back to sleep in the night and then you lay awake with your mind racing, knowing you need to sleep!

Sleep, please come back!!!!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amberj5 For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (22-05-2014),VicPark  (23-05-2014)