+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Had a bad experience with MWives but that can happen anywhere it was just individual staff and I'm probably a bad patient.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    @Lili81 I had a really rough time at St V's when I had DD1 over 8 years ago. The midwives were awful (apart from one or two), the food inedible (I was a strict vegetarian back in the day) and I just hated the place generally. There was no room to take your baby to - you were just stuck in your room. I was very sick after I had DD1 and felt I was treated like I was complaining when I in fact had pneumonia!

Freemasons was like a breath of fresh air after that. The food was lovely and the room bright and airy.

I know now after having had 4 kids at 3 different hospitals you get good and bad midwives everywhere. I guess I just had a really bad time there and it stayed with me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Sonja yes I have heard that Stv was nowhere near as good as they are now a few years ago - lot of agencies staff and awful food.

I don't know how bad it was, but the food is now quite good. They have a different chef for the maternity ward apparently.
    They have also upgraded their foyer and there is a coffee area with really nice views to the city just for the maternity ward.

OP you should book a tour for both hospital and then decide. I know both hospitals do tours several times a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Yes and to be fair I had DD2 at Freemasons over 5 years ago. A lot can change there too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will organise tours to have an idea ! Thanks so much for all your messages

Thanks
    Reviews
    I loved St V's when I had my baby there 3 years ago. Great food, amazing midwives during my labour, decent ones on the ward, and I'm hoping that the next time I'm there (this August) we get transferred to the Park Hyatt.

My room at st V's was the biggest I've seen in any maternity hospital - big windows on two sides looking over Melbourne, very nice!

This time round I'm seeing Amber Moore who's so far been fantastic. If recommend seeing an OB who has their rooms in the same building you're delivering at.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpancakes View Post
    I recommend seeing an OB who has their rooms in the same building you're delivering at.
    just curious - why?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    just curious - why?
    I would imagine so that there's less delays in getting to birth suite when they are in their offices. No needing to get through traffic etc. I'd also feel more comfortable knowing that my doctor is onsite (at least during business hours).

Would also hopefully reduce the delays and interruption to antenatal clinic when they're called for a birth - quick and easy to get back to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    I would imagine so that there's less delays in getting to birth suite when they are in their offices. No needing to get through traffic etc. I'd also feel more comfortable knowing that my doctor is onsite (at least during business hours).

Would also hopefully reduce the delays and interruption to antenatal clinic when they're called for a birth - quick and easy to get back to.
    But that assumes you go into labour when they are actually in their rooms. I appreciate it might be of benefit but would not be a determining factor for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post

Yep this is why. I know an OB who once had 3 women in final stages of labor at once (she was on call for another OB who was on leave) and all 3 were at different hospitals. That wouldn't be a daily occurrence but it's easier knowing your OB is in the same building for most of the day.