+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default We'd really like a girl!

Not sure if there is a thread similar...

For whatever reason I've got my mind set on girl. I really really want a baby girl. Not because of the pretty clothes and the girly things we can do together.
    Perhaps because of family issues. But ultimately If it is boy that would be fine just along as baby is happy and healthy.

So my question is... does anyone have any ideas, theories or old wives tales on TTC a girl? I'm Curious

Thanks
    Reviews
    there's the shettles method, if you look that up it has lots of advice but the basic premise is that XX sperm are slower but hardier than the XY sperm, so basically making your vaginal environment more acidic through diet, doing the babydance in positions where the sperm have to travel a bit to reach their destination etc are all designed to kill off the weak (XY) sperm so the strong but slow (XX) sperm survive. The downside is that this makes it harder to fall pregnant at all, but honestly while I think its perfectly natural to have a preference, if you really couldn't cope with having a boy maybe it's worth taking some time out to work through those feelings before TTC? There are no guarantees you know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Oliveaux, interesting!

No we could certainly handle having a boy it wouldn't be a problem at all.
    there definitely wouldn't be any feelings of disappointment if it were a boy.
    As mentioned just aslong as our baby is healthy, but even then there's no guarantee.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kaleissk For This Useful Post:

Oliveaux  (05-05-2014)