+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Car finance. Do u have it?

I was talking to a girlfriend today and she was saying she wants to buy a new car and getting a huge loan for it. . Was aboit $50000 car over 7 yrs she thinks she would onky pay about $380 fort night.
    Got me thinking how many people out there have massive car loans like this?
    I thought ours (personal loan) was huge at $20,000

So if you want to share.. do u have a huge one? Just curious when I see so many beautiful cars on the road.. wish I could afford them really!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We do. Can't wait for the damn thing to be paid off. We have it because we need a 4wd where we live and wanted a new dual cab we could keep for a long time. Our loan is about $45k I think over 5 years. Repayments are $820/month.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We currently have one which is $130 fn we owe $6000 still, have had it for 2 years this week we are paying it out & trading it for a 7 seater which repayments will be around $150/$160.

So ours are very low and basic cars
    Dp used to have one that cost about $1000 a month :0

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ours started at $30k over 5 yrs and costs $350 a fn

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    My last car cost $27k and I financed $17k of it. Repayments were about $80 a week over 7 years.
    I ended up paying it off after a few years though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have a car loan for the first time in many many years, only because we have a small mortgage otherwise we wouldn't have got the car loan. Ours is over 5 years though and I sold my previous car and paid that money on the car loan therefore reducing it down a fair bit soon after. We have managed to save and pay cash for our new vehicles and assetts previously, this is the only debt apart from the mortgage so it's manageable.
    Last edited by Blessedwith3boys; 05-05-2014 at 19:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No I have never had a car loan and I've never really understood cars as status symbols.

Apart from having a safe and practical means of transport the type of vehicle is absolutely meaningless to me. I couldn't even tell you what make our family car is (I know it's white) I honestly have never been remotely interested in cars.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DailyDiversion For This Useful Post:

sky1  (05-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 21k loan on my car, over 5 years -= $205pf.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were planning on saving about $10k this year, selling / trading hubby's car early next year and getting a loan for the balance, which would have been about $10k. However he had an accident a week and a half ago and it seemed pointless to get a cheap car that won't fit our family for long, so the loan is starting off at $27,000 :-I with monthly repayments of $560 over 5 years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DailyDiversion View Post
    No I have never had a car loan and I've never really understood cars as status symbols.

Apart from having a safe and practical means of transport the type of vehicle is absolutely meaningless to me. I couldn't even tell you what make our family car is (I know it's white) I honestly have never been remotely interested in cars.
    This is me exactly. I just want a car that is reliable and safe. We would never ever borrow money from a bank for a car. Most we would spend is $6000 on a car

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ProudMumma34 For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (07-05-2014),Nomia  (11-05-2014),Piyamj  (06-05-2014)