+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    It's definitely easier, I have a pile for dd1 (nappy, clothes, hair brush, shoes etc.) and a pile for dd2.
    I haven't been brushing ds1's hair! Just doing the old pat down with my hand! Bad mummy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by inner hippy View Post
    Could you maybe do that morning feed in a sling or carrier so you can get things done while feeding.
    Good idea...! No great idea! Do you know of a good carrier that I can feed bub in? I've only got a baby bjorn..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    Why don't you just get up at 6am instead of 6.30am and have yourself showered and dressed before the kids are awake? When my kids were babies I always found it so much easier in the morning if I was showered and dressed before they woke up. Or hang up the washing if you're not having a morning shower etc. That extra 30 minutes can make all the difference.
    I think I am going to have to get up at 6 (1 hour before ds1 awakes). You're right the extra time just makes everything so much easier. I am still feeding ds2 overnight so I get pretty tired though. Might have to force myself to go to bed earlier to compensate..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wake at 700am, shake ds1 to wake him, feed dd, put her down and feed myself. While yelling at ds1 to get out of bed. At 715-730am he gets up i give him breakfast, while he is eating i make his school lunch. When he finishes breakfast i dress him. He brushes his teeth while i dress ds2. I put DD and ds2 in the car while ds1 puts his shoes on. He gets in and we lave for school between 800-815am. At school by 820. Drop ds1 off (get ds2 and dd out, put his lunch in the fridge, help him change his book. Put the smallies back in the car, drive home by 845-900am, feed ds2. Feed DD and let her play for an hour then put her in bed for her morning nap. Then i clean ect until she wakes up.

In the arvo i put the smallies in the car at 300pm and drive to the bus stop, ick up ds1 and back home by 310pm.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to IndigoJ For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (05-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Just reading this thread exhausts me.

Honestly we dont have to be out of the house too early, granted, but my kids are awake at 5am.

The only prep I do the night before is make lunches, and make sure there is a school uniform washed for DS1.

With dressing and feeding, ive always just taken DS3 around to the other boys rooms and fed him while I dressed the others (well DS2 mainly as DS1 is able to dress himself). I'd either use the hug a bub or pop him in the bouncer (then into the bumbo as he got older) or just plonk him down on the ground in the room lol.

The waking up at 7 and taking half an hour to feed is tricky. It goes against my grain to say this but can you wake him at say 6:50 to start the feed early to have it done in time to reduce the stress?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (05-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Good idea...! No great idea! Do you know of a good carrier that I can feed bub in? I've only got a baby bjorn..
    Hugabubs are great for feeding! You can normally pick them up on eBay for a steal I also think there are some mummas on here who know how to make them too? @Atropos may be able to help!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (05-05-2014),VicPark  (05-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    5.00am - I wake up, finish packing the girls bags/lunches. Have a shower.

5.30am - The girls get up who usually rouse their 6 month old brother with their noise.

5.45am - Make pancakes/cereal for breakfast for DD1&DD2 and feed DS1.

6.30am - Put girls into shower. Change DS.

6.40am - Girls get out and brush their teeth, get changed, brush their hair etc.

7.00am - Pack bags into the car

7.05am - Give the house a quick clean and make sure I have remembered everything.

7.15am - Put kids in the car.

7.20am - Pick up nephew from my sisters house.

7.35am - Drop DD2 off at daycare.

8.00am - Drop nephew off at school.

8.15am - Drop DD1 off at school.

8.35am/8.50am - At home in time to feed DS1 and put him to sleep.

I'm currently on mat leave at the moment, returning to work in 2 months. My routine will basically stay the same other then me getting up at 4.30am. Won't be able to take nephew to school, will drop DD2 and DS1 at day care then drop DD1 at OOSH care, to be at work by 8am.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to J0rdy For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (05-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I think I am going to have to get up at 6 (1 hour before ds1 awakes). You're right the extra time just makes everything so much easier. I am still feeding ds2 overnight so I get pretty tired though. Might have to force myself to go to bed earlier to compensate..
    Go to bed earlier, or lie down with your baby at 9am (or at least when the baby does) and have an early power nap if your day allows for it. Whatever works better for you. Also, I always found bf'ing in a carrier slowed me down a fair bit, my babies didn't really like the movement, which is fair enough because if I think about it I would find it hard to drink when being bobbed around too. If it doesn't work for you though you could get yourself ready, leave your breakfast until just before your baby wants a feed and then eat breakfast whilst feeding to save that bit of time. I always hung washing out of a night when my kids were babies, in an undercover area, it saved a fair amount of time in the morning because I always got lots of interruptions (3 kids under 4). I used to lay clothes out every night as well.
    It does get easier. I have one at pre-school and two in school now and my morning routine consists of
    5.30am wake up.
    7.10am - home from gym.
    7.15am - take dog to dog park.
    7.50am - home for shower, breakfast, clean up kitchen sweep floors (I don't know why but they always need a sweep early in the morning), hang out washing (on the days I leave later).
    8.30-8.45am - get on pushbike and take kids to school/pre-school if I'm leaving at 8.45am, or off to uni if I am leaving at 8.30am.
    My kids follow a chart I made which tells them what to do in the mornings (words for the big one, pictures for the youngest two) so I just prompt them to make sure they've done everything on the chart and have their lunches made the night before.

I will start my day as early as 4.30am to fit in my morning routine if my day needs to start earlier to fit my routine in. I go to bed anywhere between 10 and 11.30pm depending on what time I am waking up and how much uni work I need to do/how much I procrastinate!
    Last edited by Full House; 05-05-2014 at 22:00.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (05-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    With the suggestion of wraps ... I dug out an old moby wrap I bought with Ds1 . I only tried to use it a few times before giving up. Any hoo I just spent 5 minutes trying to figure it out, using DS1's dolly as a test dummy. There were 50,000 step instructions. Wrap this, tuck here, cross over, bend over and touch your toes while rubbing your belly, blah blah. Gave up. I will need a feeding wrap/sling that is idiot proof!ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1399290897.122445.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I will try and find the wrap instructions I used for feeding in my moby, it is tricky the first few times but after about 5 tries I had it mastered and could put it on easily. I have a bubba moe sling that is apparently good for feeding in but I had it for DS3 only and he wasnt breasfed oadt day 2 so I never tried it...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app