+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I find this hard as ds2 is up at 7 and takes 30mins ish to breastfeed. He won't wait..Ds1 wakes up 7:20-7:30 and needs to be toileted then given brekky...
    I'd get up at 6.30 maybe
    Work days I get up at 5am and get ready, 5.30-6 I sit with a cup of coffee and finisb getting lunches ready, bags packed. 6am I wake DS 5yrs and he tries to dress himself and I wake and offer DD 18mths a breastfeed and get her dressed. 6.30ish we leave for daycare/ before school care and 6.45 im back in the car to drive into and just past the city to be at work. I need to allow 10mins from parking to walk from car park, get changed into scrubs grab a coffee and be in my department by 8am

Non work days I have school drop off by 8.30-8.45. I still do me first then the kids after they've had breakfast and we walk most days. Try to leave at 8.25 so DS gets extra time for practising his writing and then I go for a half hour walk.
    The breastfeeding time does throw a spanner in the works but it gets easier asvthey get older

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (05-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    School and daycare are 750m down the road and are across the road from each other

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why don't you just get up at 6am instead of 6.30am and have yourself showered and dressed before the kids are awake? When my kids were babies I always found it so much easier in the morning if I was showered and dressed before they woke up. Or hang up the washing if you're not having a morning shower etc. That extra 30 minutes can make all the difference.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (05-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're all up at 7am.

Kids have breakfast, while they eat I start marking lunches and get clothes.

7.30 breakfast is done, kids go play and I finish lunches, grab a quick shower, get dressed.

8.00 kids get dressed. We pack bags.

8.15 we're out the door.

8.20 DD gets dropped at childcare.

8.45 DS gets dropped at school.

Breathe a sigh of relief at 8.49am!

At work by 9.30 till 3.10pm then do the reverse to pick them up (pick up changes on preschool day but that's it in a nutshell)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (05-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    Only during the week usually. FOB takes DD to his place on the weekend and I get a sleep in if I'm on close or I go to sleep earlier if I'm on open and recharge. But yes, I can function on 4 hours or less a night. I need a bit more now since I had DD but it used to be I'd barely sleep then one day my brain would go "OI! YOU!" And I'd pass out for 12-14 hours.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    No way in heck I could survive on 4 hours sleep! Working shiftwork with a young kid, I don't know how you do it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPopsicle View Post
    I'd get up at 6.30 maybe
    Work days I get up at 5am and get ready, 5.30-6 I sit with a cup of coffee and finisb getting lunches ready, bags packed. 6am I wake DS 5yrs and he tries to dress himself and I wake and offer DD 18mths a breastfeed and get her dressed. 6.30ish we leave for daycare/ before school care and 6.45 im back in the car to drive into and just past the city to be at work. I need to allow 10mins from parking to walk from car park, get changed into scrubs grab a coffee and be in my department by 8am

Non work days I have school drop off by 8.30-8.45. I still do me first then the kids after they've had breakfast and we walk most days. Try to leave at 8.25 so DS gets extra time for practising his writing and then I go for a half hour walk.
    The breastfeeding time does throw a spanner in the works but it gets easier asvthey get older

5am.... Eeekk! I find if I get up at 6:30 it's not enough time for me to shower, eat and get dressed before ds2 gets up at 7. Might have to try for a 6:00 wake up... Bit hard with ds2 feeding overnight still !
    Hats off to you for being so organised! (I'm jelous!)
    - what time do you get to bed at night if you are up at 5am?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This has been our routine since I resumed work when dd2 was 7mths old.

(4.30am wake - to express bottle for bub) but now it's 5am. Get fully showered and dressed. All bags, lunches, clothes laid out night before. Get dd2 up by 5.45am. Dd1 usually wakes by now as she hears me potter around. Toilet and dress both kids and in car by 6.10am for daycare drop off.

Home days - my alarm goes at 5am still. I get up, enjoy the silence of my house, make chappati, cook dinner, hang out washing I've done overnight. Usually the kids wake by 6am otherwise I'd wake them up.

Morning walk 6.30-8am. Then when dd2 still needed her morning nap I'd pop her down around 8/8.30am for an hour or so in her car capsule. We usually had/have activities every morning so we would leave the house by 9/9.15am with dd2 usually still sleeping. Nowadays as dd2 is older and has dropped that morning sleep, Ive skipped that morning walk and just do all my housework in the mornings so the rest of my days are free.

9-11 activity. then lunch and home for sleeps. I encouraged the midday sleep at home in bed. The others I didn't care about where they slept.

Afternoon tea around 3, dinner at 5, bed at 6 for the baby (not so much now as she is almost 2!)

ETA I go to bed around 9.30pm to wake at 5am. Even when both girls were waking multiple times a night my wake up time wouldn't change. And dh is rarely home to help.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.
    Last edited by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah; 05-05-2014 at 20:50.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (05-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    Vp I do SOS and with 3 boys that morning sleep just has to happen in the pram or car.

I think for us ds3 will work better on a 630-630 routine rather than 7-7... Just gives me half an hour to BF before the other 2 wake up. Then 830 we're in the car and on our way to school. It also means if I've got to go shops etc I can be home in time for ds2 to have his nap.

Today I've done 7-7 and I'm still walking around the shops waiting for ds2 to wake up and then go straight to school pick up for ds1.

HTH
    I think I might have to do what you mentioned about the pram for the morning nap. I can walk DS1 to daycare with the pram and let ds2 nap. - car won't work as it's only a short 3 minute drive..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey VP, we are at a similar stage to you. My two are similar ages. I BF DS2 somewhere between 4am-6.00. We have snuggles in bed and drift in and out of sleep until DS1 wakes at about 6.30. I get up give him some milk, get him dressed. He has a play while I get dressed. As we are walking out the door I grab DS2 from bed. We get to childcare about 7.30. He has breakfast there. I then either do some shopping or head home. I have a shower when I get home, have breakfast, throw on some washing and then BF DS2.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to moosey For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (05-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsharvey View Post
    @VicPark does your childcare not provide DS1 breakfast? I know I only have DS, but if he doesn't wake up early enough for me to get him to cc between 7 and 7.30 (brekky hours) then it's chaos.
    Ds1's daycare doesn't open until 8am and they have morno's at 9:30....
    - I wouldn't be organised enough to get there before 7:30 anyway!!