+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Clomid help?

Hi all,

we were going to start iui this month but long story short, we decided to put the money towards a house deposit so we could bring a baby home to our home. However, we had the prescription for the clomid anyway and thought we would start taking it and try naturally in the meantime.

I was just wondering whether there was a specific day we should 'go for it' or if we take the same approach as usual and try for a number of days around the ovulation time?

We had some count issues and I have cystic ovaries and a lot of unreleased follicles. Has anyone ever tried this and had any success?

Unfortunately we didn't feel very supported with our fs and I feel like if I ring and ask questions they'll just say we're doing the wrong thing. Something just tells me to try it first and if it doesn't work, then go for the iui option.

Any advice or experience would be appreciated :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi... Congrats on the house btw.
    from my personal experience with clomid I have found the easiest thing to do is purchase some opks on the net (cheap as chips) and start testing for ovulation around day 10 or so. Once u start to see the second line appearing that's when you should "go for it".
    In saying that tho my partner and I also have count problems and after 8 clomid cycles have yet to fall.
    Best of luck and baby dust to you
    X

TTC#1 for 18mnths
    Me (Stacey)- pcos
    Dan- low count
    Clomid started october 2013
    1st IUI with Clomid to Start next cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Jessiekate,
    Think previous poster has the right idea with OPKs.
    I have read online that Clomid can cause a later O then usual, and Ihad this last month with O about 4 days later then usual. Think OPKs would be the best way to go.
    Can you find a new FS that you feel more comfortable with? I changed FS for this reason, and very happy with this decision

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey there ladies, sorry for not replying earlier!

Any success with your clomid? I just found out the first wasn't successful but it happens I spose. Hoping you guys have had more success?

I might order some opk's now for next month and really commit to it lol! This time I think we will try to get in to a new fs, just money is a bit tight at the moment!

Here's hoping we all have some success soon