+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    I've heard they are crud. The new george forman thing looks good for smoothies
    I thought so too but only if you don't use ice or frozen fruit etc. As then the motor burns out easily.

I have a kambrook blitz to go and I use shaved ice in it and have no problems with green smoothies but I wouldn't use normal ice.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Yeah the Nutribullet is expensive. I think it was $289, but we paid up front and got a discount (I think it ended up at about $190 with a few other freebie things thrown in ... if you negotiate with them )

I put ice in it too, makes it soooooo yum.

and I put frozen rasberries in everything - makes it a much more attractive pinky colour, and adds a bit of nice tang

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (05-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought the bullet blender from Kmart for about $19 I think, and it is IDENTICAL to the magic bullet and works perfectly! Have had it now for three years, use it all the time and it's still going strong

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a magic bullet and think its great. I used it every day for over a year to make protein smoothies. I'd use ice, fresh or frozen fruit, greens. Whatever I wanted and it'd turn out perfectly I haven't been using it lately - pregnant and trying to eat food, not smoothies. But it's waiting for me for after baby arrives!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tattereds View Post
    I bought the bullet blender from Kmart for about $19 I think, and it is IDENTICAL to the magic bullet and works perfectly! Have had it now for three years, use it all the time and it's still going strong
    The plastic ring that stops leaking came out of my larger cup and I returned it to Kmart, next one exchanged did it again and bits of plastic from the blade was all through my smoothie. I don't know what I did wrong. It stayed in my cupboard for 2 years and when I spring cleaned, I chucked the whole lot out! Shame, because I was so excited to use it. I got about 3 uses of it.

⭐️DS #1 born 15.03.2010⭐️
    ⭐️DS #2 born 16.02.2014⭐️
    ⭐️Me=29 💗 DP=34⭐️

Thanks
    Reviews
    MIL got one and hubby is obsessed with it. He's been you tubing and all the amazing transformations and great things he's been reading got him inspired to try one of the raw beige diets and he loves the taste and just everything about it.
    Nutribullet MILs got.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love my nutribullet. I use it for green smoothies, real smoothies, bubs breakfast (milk, half a raw apple and weet bix) and dips.
    I also use it for quick mix purees for bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminary View Post
    The plastic ring that stops leaking came out of my larger cup and I returned it to Kmart, next one exchanged did it again and bits of plastic from the blade was all through my smoothie. I don't know what I did wrong. It stayed in my cupboard for 2 years and when I spring cleaned, I chucked the whole lot out! Shame, because I was so excited to use it. I got about 3 uses of it.
    Oh no, that's a really bad run!! To be honest I don't know anyone else who has the Kmart one, for the price though I guess maybe I just got lucky haha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the Big W one (abode brand) was cheap and worked well, used every day for a year but the o-ring which seals it broke into pieces in the blender on one base and the positioning lugs which locate the cup while blending also broke. Still works but is on it's last legs. Got some good use out of it for the $30 I paid for it but am looking for something better now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies