+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Body Image

Hello my name is Belinda and I have 2 children and hoping to have more later down the track. I have found second time round the weight is harder to lose and I am not happy with myself. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problems and if anyone has some good advice, my diet is pretty good I try to eat healthy and a well balanced diet its just my exercise that lets me down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hi, I think it's always a bit harder to lose the 2nd time around.. I'm 8 kg's lighter than pre baby and my weight sits differently than it used to on my body.. I don't like it , but ive become used to it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi sorry I only have one child but I've also found it hard to lose the weight. He's 17 months and I'm still a couple of kgs away but I find being a sahm a recipe for snacking all day. Also when he goes to bed I reward myself with food which is no good.

The most progress I've made recently is by joining a gym with a crèche. It gives me time out for myself and I enjoy the exercise. I basically made a commitment to myself to exercise 6 days a week for a minimum of 30 minutes, whether it be the gym, home treadmill, Bike ride on the weekend or a walk with the pram. Change it up every now and then to avoid getting bored. Ds also likes the pram walks. Do you get outside much?

Sent from my SM-N9007 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Excluding cases where there is a specific medical condition, losing weight is generally 80% (or more) what/how much you eat and 20% exercise. It's completely possible to lose weight without exercise but working out releases endorphins and can make it easier to stick to diet changes because you feel good.

Different things work for different people (eg. No sugar, paleo, raw etc) but most of the current trends still result in a reduced calorie intake (by eliminating food groups, removing food choices especially when out). I'm a fan of good 'ole calorie counting and eating some of everything.

First thing I would recommend is weigh and record every thing you eat for a normal day and use something like the .au calorie king website or myfitnesspal app to calculate how many calories you are usually eating and see if it's too much.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have found it a lot harder the second time around, which sucks. People had told me that but I didn't listen so it was a bit of a shock. My body definitely looks different and I seem to hang on to weight in places I didn't before.

Have you tried counting calories? I find when I'm struggling with food I record everything I eat and it normally shocks me back into line. I use Calorie King online and it's awesome, easy to use and most foods are listed.
    If you're not BF, you can restrict calories to 1200-1500 a day and most likely lose weight without having to exercise.

I have found it so much harder to exercise with 2 kids! With 1, I could leave her with DH and sneak out to the gym but it's way harder as DD2 needs to feed, or DD1 has homework and I can't seem to juggle it. So I try and just go for a walk with the girls if I can't do anything else. It's a little bit of exercise, time with the kids and the fresh air is great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am pregnant with number 3. I put on the same amount of weight with both pregnancies and seem to be following the same trait again this time. I've not had problems losing the baby weight at all after my babies but I exercise as well as eat well. Generally a combination of both is better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    I am pregnant with number 3. I put on the same amount of weight with both pregnancies and seem to be following the same trait again this time. I've not had problems losing the baby weight at all after my babies but I exercise as well as eat well. Generally a combination of both is better.
    So, you've lose weight and therefore don't understand the problem the op is having ? Your post is not helpful.

OP - everyone is different and most women do struggle a bit to lose weight after having children. The female human body is designed to store weight to support it during breast feeding and during the first months of a baby's life when it was traditionally hard to gather food. Some women have a natural high metabolism and weight loss is easier.

If you stick to a good diet and exercise regime it should eventually (mostly) come off. If it doesn't come off in a reasonable time - within say 12 months it would be advisable to see your GP for a check up.

Remember it took 40 weeks to grow another human being inside your body and that's a pretty superhuman effort. Be kind to yourself. (Especially when many others won't be so kind)

8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (05-05-2014),atomicmama  (05-05-2014),beebs  (05-05-2014),callmedragon22  (06-05-2014),ChickyBee  (05-05-2014),Funnels  (05-05-2014),GlitterFarts  (06-05-2014),GrabbyCrabby  (06-05-2014),Lauzy  (06-05-2014),RastaMouse  (05-05-2014),Stretched  (05-05-2014),tamute  (05-05-2014),Zombie_eyes  (05-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    So, you've lose weight and therefore don't understand the problem the op is having ? Your post is not helpful.

OP - everyone is different and most women do struggle a bit to lose weight after having children. The female human body is designed to store weight to support it during breast feeding and during the first months of a baby's life when it was traditionally hard to gather food. Some women have a natural high metabolism and weight loss is easier.

If you stick to a good diet and exercise regime it should eventually (mostly) come off. If it doesn't come off in a reasonable time - within say 12 months it would be advisable to see your GP for a check up.

Remember it took 40 weeks to grow another human being inside your body and that's a pretty superhuman effort. Be kind to yourself. (Especially when many others won't be so kind)

I agree with your advice.

Though Kimberlygal was saying what worked for her, no harm done and just another POV of what 'may' work for the OP

Everyone is different, some may need to exercise and eat differently. I'm one of those people, but I hate to exercise so I'm screwed! Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm preg with no 3.

After no 2 I struggled to lose the baby weight, I honestly think it was all mind set... I knew we were going to ttc this Bub within a yr or so, so figured 'what's the point'...
    Such a crappy mind set as now I have gained 7 kgs at 32 wks, plus will have to lose the 10 kgs I had left over from no 2.

I really do think as mums we forget how important body image is to us, until it's an image we have trouble changing.
    I remember having a conversation with a friend of mine after I had no 1. I was all like 'I'm so proud of my squishy tummy and bigger bum, cause it grew a human... Blah blah blah.'
    But Now I feel unfit and unhealthy. I don't want to go back to what I was prior to my 3 kids, as I was a 'skinny run out bag of bones' as my husband says haha. I do like my new curves (boobs, bum and the way I have an hour glass figure rather than a plank)
    But like you I wish I felt a bit happier and healthier in my skin

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've been yo-yoing a bit lately. I don't tend to put weight on in pregnancy, I lose it in fact - but it is the only time I ever lose weight for no reason. So what happened last time is I kept eating as if I was never going to put on weight after the baby came out and that is when I put on weight. Anyway - I started a rapid loss shake diet last year in October and lost almost 9 kg in a few months. Then I went off the shake diet for xmas and never went back on (doh) so now I have put on 4 kg. So anyway - I am going to go back on it. I found it easy to stick too, I like a bit of chocolate anyway and you can get the shakes in chocolate flavour - so it took the chocolate cravings away. And they do make you feel full as well.