+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Postnatal Depression

Hi My name is Belinda and I have a little boy who is 2 1/2 and a little girl who is 8 months and I think I am suffering from some postnatal depression. I was wondering if anyone else is and if I could have chat with people that are. I just feel so overwhelmed and it seems to be all the time now and everything is just bothering me, not sure if any of you ladies have incontinence but I am suffering a little from that, plus second time round my body has changed that much I am not happy and can't seem to find the motivation and its easy for people to say just get up and do something about it, but I am finding its not that easy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I don't have depression but I'm bumping your post so hopefully one of the lovely ladies on here will be able to help out.

Hang in there.. Xxx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

bubblesb20  (05-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My kids are 3 and 4 now and Ive more or less recovered, however I suffered severe PND and anxiety for a couple of years after the birth of my kids, in fact I spent a few weeks in a mother baby unit in hospital and attended a mental health day program for a while so have plenty of experience and advice. Your certainly far from alone and I'd love to chat anytime... there are plenty of amazing women on here that have experienced similar and I have at least 4 friends in real life that are mothers of young children and also battling the same feelings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Belinda *hugs*
    I suffer from PND and it took me a while to actually admit to it and even realise I had it. Mine is more on the anxiety side but definitely a lot of feelings of being overwhelmed. My second is 8 months old too, and while she's an angel, just the general day to day stress of organising 2 kids can be terrifying.

I see you're located in Vic? I'm no help, but in WA we have a great service at the Raphel Centre (through SJOG) which is all about mental health in parents, prenatal and postnatal, maybe there is something similar near you? Sometimes you just need to be able to talk to someone, a total stranger and let it all out. The Dr I see has given me some fantastic coping techniques and I just like having someone to talk to that isn't family/friends.

Have you spoken to your GP? The whole feeling of not wanting to do anything can really take over. Maybe medication could help? it's a totally personal choice so some people are open to it and others aren't, only you can know.

It's such a tough illness one that isn't easily seen and isn't easy to talk about. But know there are a lot of people on the hub who have been (or are) where you are now who are always willing to talk. You can PM me any time you need, even if you just want to have a huge vent. Sometimes even that can help xx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

bubblesb20  (05-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bubblesb20 View Post
    Hi My name is Belinda and I have a little boy who is 2 1/2 and a little girl who is 8 months and I think I am suffering from some postnatal depression. I was wondering if anyone else is and if I could have chat with people that are. I just feel so overwhelmed and it seems to be all the time now and everything is just bothering me, not sure if any of you ladies have incontinence but I am suffering a little from that, plus second time round my body has changed that much I am not happy and can't seem to find the motivation and its easy for people to say just get up and do something about it, but I am finding its not that easy
    I can relate to your feelings, it really sucks! I haven't been medically diagnosed or anything but while I was pregnant I read a lot about PND and seriously, never thought it could happen to me as I was so excited about having a baby. Now, she is 8 months and I love her dearly but I constantly feel down and moody. I hate feeling this way.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I am not currently but had fairly severe PND (and actually antenatal as well) for close to a year. To be honest I'm not sure that I will ever fully recover.

Can I ask what sort of support are you after? Would you like us all to keep this thread going so you can chat to us on here, or we can check how you're going? Are you after support like people sharing coping strategies? A bit of both?

I'm so sorry that you're suffering - it's such a $hitty side effect of something that is meant to be so life changing and magical. There is lots of support and strength for you here on the hub.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

RipperRita  (05-06-2014)