Closed Thread
Page 56 of 154 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Big hugs @blossom1 - keeping fingers and toes crossed for some good growing soon. x

I JUST heard from my clinic... bloods and u/s tomorrow. Now to panic about my lining looking ok!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjaguar View Post
    I still haven't heard back from the clinic after yesterday's blood draw - long weekend, I guess! But my personal OPKs are getting darker... should I just text them a picture of that anyway?

Don't want to miss a surge. :/
    Mrs J I would text them with a pic just to be safe :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by blossom1 View Post
    Hi girls sorry for lack of personals , on phone. I'm in a bit of a funk. We had 7 embies left and they had to thaw 5 to get these 2 as they were being grown from day 2 to 3. So, we have 2 left and 2 on board but when i asked Fs how they looked he said one was 4 cell and the other 3 cell. That is crap for day 3 based on my research just now! Bit of a bummed space right now!
    Oh I can imagine how bummed you must feel but keep in mind there is a big difference between a 2.5 vs a 3 day embie. You look at them one minute and they are 4 then voila a very short period of time 1 or 2 more cells will divide suddenly. If they had been a few more hours old you could easily have had a couple of 6 cells. They may not quite be 3 days old either - depends when they defrosted. Did they say anything about the quality/fragmentation/cell uniformity etc? Did you get a pic?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Oh I can imagine how bummed you must feel but keep in mind there is a big difference between a 2.5 vs a 3 day embie. You look at them one minute and they are 4 then voila a very short period of time 1 or 2 more cells will divide suddenly. If they had been a few more hours old you could easily have had a couple of 6 cells. They may not quite be 3 days old either - depends when they defrosted. Did they say anything about the quality/fragmentation/cell uniformity etc? Did you get a pic?
    Also keep in mind @blossom1 that if they lost a couple of cells during the defrost they could be much better quality than you think. For example, if they defrosted a 5 cell say and lost 1 or 2 cells it is still the quality of the higher number of cells. It was originally a normally dividing embie and will continue to divide at the same rate, it will just be 2 cells short so will look like its further behind or slower growing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    that is true! One looked ok to me and one looked like lots of bubbles. He was flat out today so i was given no information. He said 4 cell is good, and he would have liked to have seen the other at 4. No more stims for us, so feeling the pressure. When are you transferring Hun?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post
    I think you would still get 2 because of a history of failed implantation
    Hope so ! I'll be pushing for it anyway if I get to that point. If I'm going to spend $15,000 I want to get my moneys worth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stephiew View Post
    @blossom1 good luck for tomorrow hun
    @Butterfly39 your new protocol sounds pretty intense. Fingers crossed it makes all the difference. Friends of our have just gotten pregnant after an endometrial scratch. Sounds like the new fad. Hope it works for you. Enjoy all that snowboarding! There must be snow after this weekend, it's blimmin cold enough!
    @Chiefsgirl definitely use your own opk's if you think o is close. In my first FET I ovulated the day before my blood test!

I've been meaning to ask, where in NZ are you from? Waikato I guess but where in particular? I'm from Auckland, hubby from England. Fun times in our house watching the rugger last night! I keep telling hubby he should support the All Blacks. He does, just not when they're playing England lol

Afm Phew, finally PUPO! What a crappy cycle! Please it's just about over! Transfer went fine. 'Good' quality. She started to tell me the grade but then changed it to 'good' so I'm thinking it wasn't that good. My other 3 weren't good enough for freezing - wish I'd asked for a double transfer now :-(. Hoping with all hope that this one sticks!
    Congratulations and fingers and toes crossed for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    that is true! One looked ok to me and one looked like lots of bubbles. He was flat out today so i was given no information. He said 4 cell is good, and he would have liked to have seen the other at 4. No more stims for us, so feeling the pressure. When are you transferring Hun?
    Wednesday at 11.45 but who's counting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wednesday at 11.45 but who's counting
    I feel bad even asking this as I know that most of you are probably off the alcohol due to cycling, but I'm still able to have a couple cos I'm doing a FET (and I am having a glass right now ) BUT has anyone else lost the taste for it while on all the hormones? I realise that most wont be partaking while on the meds, but I've always really loved a couple of different wines and now both of them seem to make me grimace ? Its probably a good thing, I wont feel like I'm missing out so much when I have to get off it again...

Thanks
    Reviews
    The one with the bubbles could well have had a disintegrated cell in there. My last two were both 8 cell and 1 of them lost a cell during defrost. The other one looked like a disaster, there was stuff everywhere in it, but they told me that both were about the same quality originally, but when that cell didnt make it, it just spread all over the place and made the embie look shocking. The still said its quality was 'good' whatever that means.