Closed Thread
Page 35 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @ImpatientMummyToBe...it's our first IVF this month. Woke up to AF today so pick up my drugs tomorrow. First scan Tuesday 10th. Excited and nervous about the unknown. Hope the migraines calm down for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharlee32 View Post
    @ImpatientMummyToBe I had headaches from some of the meds in my second/ third cycle. Try to keep your fluids up, it is really important in stim cycles. Also keep an eye on bloating/ weight gain. I try to weigh myself every day or so to make sure it doesn't increase rapidly. In my first cycle I put on a lot of weight and had a lot of fluid retention. I was very uncomfotable but didn't get OHSS. I also become really forgetful when I stim and do silly things all the time like on the week end I made my mum a coffee and filled it with milk instead of hot water

AFM finally EPU is Thursday. Trigger will be tomorrow still don't have a time yet but I have a day.
    Ooh exciting; good luck for ER. I have one more BT & US tomorrow morning, but may be triggering tomorrow night & ER thurs. Which clinic are you with @Sharlee32? Xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ertgirl For This Useful Post:

Sharlee32  (03-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by francesthecat View Post

Butterfly hang in there.
    There are 3 clinics in Greece I've been looking at.
    Embryo Land, Serum and Genasis.
    Also for me looks are not the major issue, it's just much younger eggs.
    Lol at your comment moon tanner !! I'm pale cause I stay out the sun, as it ages you etc. I was out in the QLD sun yesterday felt so good.

Hi Frances - we've cycled together before With those Greek clinics, I've cycled with both Serum and Genesis. I'm pregnant now from my cycle at Serum (we had 3 embryos put in and two spare A grades, and 2 spare B Grades. I also got pregnant in Nov last year from the cycle at Genesis too (Genesis was a really stressful experience, it took longer, cost more, was harder to fit around work) - but miscarried. At genesis we had the only two embryos that were put in, no chance to pick the best ones - and they didn't look good quality to me, really uneven - but hey I'm not a scientist! I know of others that had a good experience at Genesis, and also others who had a bad experience like mine. I've only heard great things about Embryoland too (and I saw where it was when I was there last time). Genesis seem to treat you like they are processing someone else's patient (I think you would have to be working with a doctor who has a relationship with them). Serum and Embryoland treat you like their own patient so you work with them direct about your protocol etc - maybe that's the difference? Anyway, good luck with your search - happy to answer any questions if you have any

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (03-06-2014),francesthecat  (02-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by blossom1 View Post
    erk that's not fun at all. Yes, I had headaches and unfortunately it isn't uncommon. Not sure about neck pain, I didn't but others may have. Hang in there ad keep your eyes on the prize
    Agree with the wine here and there lol have to be realistic !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixjc View Post
    Hi Frances - we've cycled together before With those Greek clinics, I've cycled with both Serum and Genesis. I'm pregnant now from my cycle at Serum (we had 3 embryos put in and two spare A grades, and 2 spare B Grades. I also got pregnant in Nov last year from the cycle at Genesis too (Genesis was a really stressful experience, it took longer, cost more, was harder to fit around work) - but miscarried. At genesis we had the only two embryos that were put in, no chance to pick the best ones - and they didn't look good quality to me, really uneven - but hey I'm not a scientist! I know of others that had a good experience at Genesis, and also others who had a bad experience like mine. I've only heard great things about Embryoland too (and I saw where it was when I was there last time). Genesis seem to treat you like they are processing someone else's patient (I think you would have to be working with a doctor who has a relationship with them). Serum and Embryoland treat you like their own patient so you work with them direct about your protocol etc - maybe that's the difference? Anyway, good luck with your search - happy to answer any questions if you have any

Hi Vixjc,

Thanks for your reply. I've mainly been dealing with Serum and they have been great. This will be my last cycle at Monash and most likely with my own egg. As it's been easy to get the BFP but not a sticky one. After 3 loses I've had enough, it's also very risky for me to do EPU. So I think Greece it is for us..
    Thank you and best wishes for your pregnancy.
    After this cycle I will be moving forward, and getting the treatment plan together. As they close for a whole month.

Good luck for EPU Thursday Sharelee.

Ive been loving the puppy stories, my pets are such a huge part of my life. Each time a cycle did not go well. They have always been there, no matter what.
    I hope you are ok Butterfly

Big appt day to see Dr Wazza maybe just seeing him can make this round of IVF work

Hello low to everyone else

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (03-06-2014),Sharlee32  (03-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @francisthecat - let me know how things go with Wazza, ill see him too in a few days.

I am day 8 and a spectacular stark white bfn today so not holding out much hope for this cycle. Had booked an appointment with Wazza a while back hoping I wouldn't have to use it and here we are.

Im hoping my terrible luck will mean I'm pregnant and wasted time and money going to see him ... Seriously though it will be great to get a second opinion so look forward to that.

otherwise doing ok except the progesterone in oil is making me feel quite ill and giving me all the symptoms of pregnancy - evil stuff!

@Vixjc I am giving serum some serious thought. Did you have your hysteroscopy in australia or there and how long did you need to be in Greece for?
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 03-06-2014 at 08:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Butterfly39 sorry to hear the test is still negative.
    @Sharlee32 good luck with epu

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Emerald26 For This Useful Post:

Sharlee32  (03-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ertgirl View Post
    Ooh exciting; good luck for ER. I have one more BT & US tomorrow morning, but may be triggering tomorrow night & ER thurs. Which clinic are you with @Sharlee32? Xx
    @ertgirl good luck for yours as well. I am with Genea. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Monty3 best of luck for your ivf journey, fingers crossed it's a short one for both of us. At the moment I can't think beyond my BT and US on Friday, if I think further ahead than that I start to feel quite anxious. One step at a time I guess...
    @Sharlee32 and @ertgirl best of luck for your EPU!

I'm trying my best with fluids, feeling a bit like a fish though, lol.
    I went to the GP today about the neck pain and apparently it's a muscle spasm from the coughing so I've got some stronger pain killers (still safe to use) which are also helping a lot with the constant mild headaches I've been having. I'm working tomorrow for the first time since the side-effects started so hopefully it'll be okay. (I'm doing casual work atm, I have no idea how I'd survive if I was working full-time! Lots of sick leave I suppose)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ImpatientMummyToBe For This Useful Post:

Sharlee32  (03-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Good luck to all you girls with EPUs and those Stimming ! Let's have a heaps of BFPs this month!
    big hugs to those who are getting their BfNs , it's never easy.
    And good luck to those doing FETS over the next days!
    and for all you others who are patiently waiting ...that's never easy either is it!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blossom1 For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (03-06-2014),ImpatientMummyToBe  (03-06-2014)