Closed Thread
Page 34 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, I'm a newbie (to this site and to IVF) and thought I'd say hello. I started on Puregon and Synarel for the first time on May 30 and will be having my first egg pick-up next week. I'm a little bit nervous to say the least... Anyone else doing their first ICSI this month?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @butterfly ahhh I don't really know what to say except I know exactly how your feeling hun. I hope your okay? I have been thinking of you xox
    @furbabymum ooohh a puppy. I have a 10 month old fur daughter who I adore. My husband got her for me after our third failed embryo transfer last year. She is so special, makes me laugh and gives me lots of cuddles and love when I need them.
    @GeorgieNE good luck with EPU Wednesday. We will be 2ww buddies. My EPU is prob Wednesday now. I am just waiting for the call from my clinic to confirm.
    @ImpatientMummyToBe good luck and welcome. I do ICSI stims but this is my third one.
    @Blossom yippeee for the surge, awesome news for you. I have never done a natural frozen cycle but I hate those ovulation sticks. I used to use them when we were TTC the normal way. They are so frusturating sometimes.
    @Soques AF is such a drone, always mucking up our dates. You can always do CD1 BT in Townsville if you need to. I usually go to sullivans niccolaides on Fulham Road, then I skip straight accross to QLD X'Ray for the ultrasound follicle scan. It is very easy, well as easy as can be expected. Just make sure you book an appoitment for follicle scans. I wasn't able to for todays and I had to beg my way in as they were fully booked.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharlee32 For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (03-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    welcome @ImpatientMummyToBe you'll find lots of support here ! How are you going on your meds? exciting times for you!!! This is our third cycle now and our first IVF was 2 months ago. I remember feeling excited and anxious. AFM Im still in confusion land! I went and had my scan and guess what my lead folly (according to the technician who didn't seem to know very much as this is an outsourced scan as FS lives a few hours from us) is 14mm! how strange. I am already CD13 and last scan I was 14mm at 11 days. I rang clinic and said I got the positive on the OPK but scan showed 14mm. She was a bit gruff (again, ho hum) and said I need not have bothered about the scan if i had the positive OPK as the BT is the thing that will tell if I have ovulated etc SO, I have no idea where im at in my cycle! or if ovulation is coming or been etc...I wonder actually if it already happened as last night I woke with swollen boobs (which seems to happen after ovulation!). Oh the fun of predicting ovulation hehehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by furbabymum View Post
    WOW the June thread is already 33 pages!

Well I'm doing my 2nd SIUI cycle this month, guessing IUI will be on Wednesday 4th June. But my CD9 BT showed low oestrogen so I went up from 50 gonal-f to 75. It's a silly little thing but it was enough to have me in tears the day I found out I wasnt responding as well as my first cycle. Next BT tomorrow.

And we figured out a great way for me to be distracted from this head-trip... we are fostering a puppy! We get him on Tuesday and will have him until he is old enough to be adopted out. This is bound to keep me busy and help lift my spirits!
    coorrrrr how nice! what sort of pup will you foster?? one of our dreams is to have a bit of land and foster and care for all sorts of neglected animals...one day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @blossom1, meds haven't been too kind to me so far. Was in bed with a migraine all Saturday afternoon/night (I’ve never had migraines before, but this was intense turn-the-lights-out-hurts-to-move-or-talk kind of pain) I’m also recovering from a flu so I’m not sure if the neck pain I’ve been feeling for the last 3 days is due to that or the meds. Is neck pain a common symptom? I haven't thought to look it up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Af just arrived so fet for 3 weeks from now.. So going to try detox these three weeks from coffee chocolate and crap really and drink fresh juices and eat healthy and keep active.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpatientMummyToBe View Post
    @blossom1, meds haven't been too kind to me so far. Was in bed with a migraine all Saturday afternoon/night (I’ve never had migraines before, but this was intense turn-the-lights-out-hurts-to-move-or-talk kind of pain) I’m also recovering from a flu so I’m not sure if the neck pain I’ve been feeling for the last 3 days is due to that or the meds. Is neck pain a common symptom? I haven't thought to look it up.
    erk that's not fun at all. Yes, I had headaches and unfortunately it isn't uncommon. Not sure about neck pain, I didn't but others may have. Hang in there ad keep your eyes on the prize

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtropps View Post
    Af just arrived so fet for 3 weeks from now.. So going to try detox these three weeks from coffee chocolate and crap really and drink fresh juices and eat healthy and keep active.
    way to go hun. Me too, and an hour walk a day. Well still have a wine here and there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by blossom1 View Post
    welcome @ImpatientMummyToBe you'll find lots of support here ! How are you going on your meds? exciting times for you!!! This is our third cycle now and our first IVF was 2 months ago. I remember feeling excited and anxious. AFM Im still in confusion land! I went and had my scan and guess what my lead folly (according to the technician who didn't seem to know very much as this is an outsourced scan as FS lives a few hours from us) is 14mm! how strange. I am already CD13 and last scan I was 14mm at 11 days. I rang clinic and said I got the positive on the OPK but scan showed 14mm. She was a bit gruff (again, ho hum) and said I need not have bothered about the scan if i had the positive OPK as the BT is the thing that will tell if I have ovulated etc SO, I have no idea where im at in my cycle! or if ovulation is coming or been etc...I wonder actually if it already happened as last night I woke with swollen boobs (which seems to happen after ovulation!). Oh the fun of predicting ovulation hehehe
    bahhhhhh boooooo turns out I haven't surged! So back to waiting ....I'm sure the gods of fertility are mocking me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ImpatientMummyToBe I had headaches from some of the meds in my second/ third cycle. Try to keep your fluids up, it is really important in stim cycles. Also keep an eye on bloating/ weight gain. I try to weigh myself every day or so to make sure it doesn't increase rapidly. In my first cycle I put on a lot of weight and had a lot of fluid retention. I was very uncomfotable but didn't get OHSS. I also become really forgetful when I stim and do silly things all the time like on the week end I made my mum a coffee and filled it with milk instead of hot water

AFM finally EPU is Thursday. Trigger will be tomorrow still don't have a time yet but I have a day.