Closed Thread
Page 31 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone probably a silly question but have googled it and can't find many reliable answers is acetone or getting gel nails applied / removed safe during Ivf/ FET / pregnancy ? I've been getting shellac or similar brands applied on my nails at a salon for so long but am on the lead up to my first FET and don't want to be doing anything I shouldn't be :-) any opinions really appreciated

TTC 5 years. Mild pcos + MFI.
    First icsi IVF : 4 snow babies. T/f in June.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Rachie I don't think it would matter but you could ask the salon that you use?
    @butterfly there is a greece donar thread on here somewhere I saw it the other week. Might be helpful. LOL I am a boob watcher too as mine are a dead give away. I hope your doing okay? Tots get the squinter thing but also think your way too early, wait another day or two hun. x
    @Monty3 hello and welcome to the thread. You will be in good company here, any questions just ask
    @francesthecat can't wait to here what wazza has to say. I am excited for you both. Hope he can give you guys a fresh opinion and positive news.x

AFM I thought I might be closer to EPU but got told to have another scan/ u'sound on Monday with possible trigger Monday night which puts EPU at Wednesday for getting a flight from Townsville to Sydney less than 24 hours before we will be paying through the roof. I checked and they are already at $306 one way p/person & we have to get 4 of them. The costs are mounting if this cycle is unsuccessful we won't be able to cycle again this year we just won't have the money for another stims.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharlee32 For This Useful Post:

Monty3  (31-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rachie - I am sure I read on another thread that some places don't allow/like nail polish during EPU...something about fingernails being used as an indicator for monitoring oxygen levels (?)...being a newbie I have no idea if that is a myth or not but maybe check?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty3 View Post
    @Rachie - I am sure I read on another thread that some places don't allow/like nail polish during EPU...something about fingernails being used as an indicator for monitoring oxygen levels (?)...being a newbie I have no idea if that is a myth or not but maybe check?
    that is true! No nail polish at all for EPU !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by blossom1 View Post
    that is true! No nail polish at all for EPU !
    but for FET you would be fine! There are no rules, eg some women steer clear of all chemicals etc for fear of doing anything to jeopardize anything! I personally believe you can do anything as you have no control over your embie! It's out of your control as to success or not but others may

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharlee32 View Post
    @Soques have you got your results back yet for the DH? How have you been travelling my almost neighbour?
    No no results yet.... DH Did 3 weeks bloods and sperm test last week and have to do them again at 5 weeks before we see doc... I did notice sperm quantity was lower than previous... But I know he feels so much more nervous doing the sample from home than at a doctors office so that might have not helped....

Hello other ladies joining us.... Big hugs for those that need them... Waves and smiles all around...

Damn AF arrived a bit earlier than normal this time round and might throw my whole plans for being in Sydney for day one bloods... Damn body why can't she play by my rules

Thanks
    Reviews
    No nail polish... Reason- they check form capillary response in you nails and if they are polished they can't see it... At least that's what my mom (an RN Nurse) told me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post
    Normally DH is on boob watch but he's away so I have to monitor them @francisthecat which clinic in Greece? I'm still researching DE clinics.... Do they show you a pic of the donor? I personally don't worry if the baby looks like me, just that the donor is young. Looking like me would be a bonus though. I'd rather a tanned baby for Australian conditions instead of a moontanner like me.
    Lol in all honestly I dont really care about resemblance.. I don't think at this stage of my life I would worry about ppl asking of skin color or hair ect, I think I'm so open about my battle and long journey xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rachie5 View Post
    Hi everyone probably a silly question but have googled it and can't find many reliable answers is acetone or getting gel nails applied / removed safe during Ivf/ FET / pregnancy ? I've been getting shellac or similar brands applied on my nails at a salon for so long but am on the lead up to my first FET and don't want to be doing anything I shouldn't be :-) any opinions really appreciated

TTC 5 years. Mild pcos + MFI.
    First icsi IVF : 4 snow babies. T/f in June.
    Iv had my nails done for 15 yrs acrylic because I'm a hairdresser and they only ever said to me to have my toe nails clear of it, as long as one of the two are not acrylic xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't paint my nails or due my hair when cycling. At my clinic you can't even wear perfume because the embryos 'don't like' the chemicals.

afm d6p5dt bfn today. Boo!