Page 19 of 154 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Kayz good luck today

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KayzB good luck today @kizmetzing sorry to hear you went through all that hope you are beginning to feel better!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I am interested in people's thoughts on complimentary treatments.
    I have had three transfers now.
    First one I started seeing an accupuncturist but on the transfer day (which is supposed to be where it has been proven to help) I could only have treatment before the transfer but not post transfer as I was feeling too sick with OHSS. BFN.
    Second one I started seeing a naturopath as well. The transfer was on a public holiday so was only able to have accupuncture the day after transfer. BFN.
    Third one seeing both naturopath and accupuncture and had pre and post transfer accupuncture. BFP. Continued weekly accupuncture and naturopath but m/c at 8wks.
    Now I'm not sure whether to go back. I quite enjoyed the accupuncture sessions but it does get expensive particularly on top of IVF and it can feel a bit like one (or in my case two) further people that are involved in what is supposed to be a natural process between two people.
    My accupuncturist has said I should see the naturopath as soon as possible and certainly before starting again but I don't know.
    Not really sure what, if anything, they can do for me.

What are other people's experiences?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @ Kayz sometimes Pap smears and et are painful for me. I had a scratch done last year and I found it painful, but it's only for a few seconds and then I took panadeine and it was all ok. Maybe take a painkiller beforehand so you are a little numb?

In the grand scheme of what we go through its nothing.
    @stephiew it's really important to drink lots of water while stimming. At least 2l per day. It def helps make you feel better. If you are worried about ohss, drink Gatorade type drinks and eat high protein foods, that apparently helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Bellydance, I have done accupuncture a cpl of times and it didn't help, but then I got diagnosed with immune issues (which affect implanting in me) so without that treatment nothing would have helped!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Bellydance  (27-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellydance View Post
    Hi,

First one I started seeing an accupuncturist but on the transfer day (which is supposed to be where it has been proven to help) I could only have treatment before the transfer but not post transfer as I was feeling too sick with OHSS. BFN.
    Second one I started seeing a naturopath as well. The transfer was on a public holiday so was only able to have accupuncture the day after transfer. BFN.
    Third one seeing both naturopath and accupuncture and had pre and post transfer accupuncture. BFP. Continued weekly accupuncture and naturopath but m/c at 8wks.
    Now I'm not sure whether to go back. I quite enjoyed the accupuncture sessions but it does get expensive particularly on top of IVF and it can feel a bit like one (or in my case two) further people that are involved in what is supposed to be a natural process between two people.
    My accupuncturist has said I should see the naturopath as soon as possible and certainly before starting again but I don't know.

I never done it but got told just last week by a relative who conceived the first month of trying that I should. Got to love the advise from the very fertile people in your life

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharlee32 For This Useful Post:

Bellydance  (27-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sharlee32 no need to apologise hun, it's def great to hear abt other ppls experiences! Especially good ones like yours! Hope mine will be as smooth sailing 😊 xx

Thanks @Rarah11! Hope you're holding up ok hun xx

Thanks @Butterfly39! Hope the early days of PUPO are going well hun xx

@Chiefsgirl yep FS told me to pop Nurofen an hour beforehand so I shall do that! 😊 xx

@Bellydance I've never done acupuncture, think I've just been pretty skeptical of it. The 'realist' in me thinks that if it's meant to be, it's meant to be, & that all these alternative treatments won't change that fact.
    But, having said that, if my next cycle fails then I may just consider it - what's a couple more needles after the hundreds we already do! 😊
    Plus I would want to know that I've attempted everything possible to make it happen xx
    Last edited by KayzB; 27-05-2014 at 12:36.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

Bellydance  (27-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm a bit of a skeptic as well when it comes to the health industry and anything new agey....snake oil etc ...however, with acupuncture there is actually a lot of evidence base behind it (science evidence , not paid for by business etc) and naturopathy to me just makes sense and isn't really "out there" at all nowadays. But positive thinking, cleansing your aurora and praying to the right God the right way, well, I just believe that is ......#*%#*}! My endo got heaps better when I saw seeing a naturopath and taking herbal medicine

12. The Following User Says Thank You to blossom1 For This Useful Post:

Bellydance  (27-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellydance View Post
    Hi,

Hi @Bellydance. Have you talked to your FS about complimentary medicine? I did acu for the 1st two cycles (1 miscarriage & 1 BFN) as there seemed to be some evidence that it supported positive outcomes. Before our third cycle I spoke to our FS again & he said that the latest research seemed to suggest that it made no difference. Personally I was finding it was just adding stress, getting to acu was just another appointment to get to in an already hectic schedule. Also, I was seeing someone who is a legend on Sydney's north shore, but personally I found her over rated. She got to every appt at least an hour late. Like you have that kind of time to spare when you're doing IVF. So, our last cycle we saved the $ we would have spent on acu, I did some daily IVF meditations & had an awesome massage the day before transfer & that happened to be our BFP. I think it's a personal decision & I know that there are some who rave about acu. We just had enough on our plate without one more appointment. Xx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ertgirl For This Useful Post:

Bellydance  (27-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks everyone for your comments. @ertgirl it was actually our clinic that recommended the accupuncturist I have been going to. She is great and I actually find the sessions really relaxing, although at the same time I completely know what you mean about it being just one more appointment and that's kind of how I feel too. I would have been royally peeved if they made me wait an hour though!! No wonder you gave them the flick!!I am seeing my FS tomorrow so might ask him his thoughts on it as you suggest. Will have to add it to my list of questions. I am doing a bit of research trying to work out everything I need to ask him as I want to make the most of the appointment and try to get some answers if I can. @Rarah11 (and anyone else who has had similar experience), are there any specific things that you would suggest asking about? Rarah I know yours depends a bit on the results of your tests but are there other things if the tests don't give you answers? I don't want him to just say it was probably chromosonal and stop there if there are tests that I should be having/things I could explore to try to prevent a third m/c.Sorry, lots of me posts today.
    Last edited by Bellydance; 27-05-2014 at 14:13.