Closed Thread
Page 14 of 154 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Soques View Post
    Hey Blossom, not sure if this is going to help you or make matters more intense for you... But thought I would share my only experience so far with someone I know really well that was pregnant with twins.

My sister with her last natural (she sucks by the way LOL) pregnancy did get pregnant with twins. Saragaunt (sp?) - meaning two different eggs like what would happen if having done IVF. She was excited. We are were excited, but then later on I was told that there was an issue with bub two... It had a heart condition... But bub one very happy and healthy... Both were born naturally... Bub two was alive for about 45 mins before he passed away... Bub one (my godson Evan) is now almost 8 months old.

After the fact my sister told me that Bennett - bub two had T18, but her body and Evan knew there was a healthy baby there and therefore carried everyone to almost full term 32 weeks I think (originally due on the 5 Nov, gave birth on 2 Oct) which I understand is pretty common to give birth a bit early with twins.

I don't think the chances of having issues like that are any different through IVF really vs normally pregnancy... In all honesty I think they would probably increase chance so having two normal babies as the egg selection and whatnot can be predetermined... To have the best chances of moving forward. Yea its scary... This whole IVF/AC journey is scary, but Life in General is also scary... If you look at the high speeds we travel at in cars, busses, taxis, and planes, for instance... But we have gotten over that fear by understanding and accepting that that is what has to be to get to where we want to get...

I am not saying just get over the fear and do two... But don't let numbers freak you out... Be aware of them by all means... Listen to your body and you heart on the day... They might tell you something different at the time... Listen to the egg scientist about the quality and make your decision... Your body will take care of the rest. If they are beautiful and healthy they will survive, if there are issues they will not... It's hard to say that so bluntly as I know it has to be hard to loose a baby, my sister will carry that loss for the rest of her life... But that's how she put it to me... Only reason Bennett lived was to make sure Evan had the best chance he could to survive.
    wowsers what a story Hun. Thanks for sharing it. Yeah, someone last night told me to stop researching everything as it's not doing me any good and just causing me to worry and to go with the flow of life. I was a bit offended to be honest as the FS has obviously asked me to give these things some serious consideration and I take the health of me and potential babies as a very serious matter when I am responsible for potential choices for baby, me and DH. By the way I know you're not telling me not to research or worry but to just bare in mind that life is risk...which it is indeed. The research does point to twins being more dangerous for everyone and that is why most clinics advocate SET and I think I have to listen and respect why that is...while also listening to my own gut! It's okay, I'm not agonising over it just considering all options :-) and getting varied opinions before making a decision ! Is it obvious I'm an academic?!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blossom, you have every right to think it through thoroughly! I think many people don't. Personally, As much as I would love twins I wouldn't do a double transfer because I know my body wouldn't cope with twins. It barely coped with a singleton and I spent way too much time in the hospital predelivery for my liking. We only just got to term (37w5d) as it was and still spent 10 days in hospital post c section. You will make the right decision for you and your family. Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by kizmetzing View Post
    Blossom, you have every right to think it through thoroughly! I think many people don't. Personally, As much as I would love twins I wouldn't do a double transfer because I know my body wouldn't cope with twins. It barely coped with a singleton and I spent way too much time in the hospital predelivery for my liking. We only just got to term (37w5d) as it was and still spent 10 days in hospital post c section. You will make the right decision for you and your family. Xoxo
    thank you hunny, I was starting to feel bad for doing things thoroughly ! Gosh, that must have been hard work for you and your body, glad it worked out well though ! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blossom1 View Post
    thank you hunny, I was starting to feel bad for doing things thoroughly ! Gosh, that must have been hard work for you and your body, glad it worked out well though ! Xx
    Blossom, what about a single transfer this time round and would you have enough frosties to potentially do a double transfer next time if you need to cycle again? Sorry if I've got myself muddled, but I think you have 7 frosties? You could defrost 3 and put the strongest one in and if needed next round defrost remaining 4 and put back 2 ? Ps, good on you for researching and exploring all options (I'm an academic too!) ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by bel2466 View Post
    Blossom, what about a single transfer this time round and would you have enough frosties to potentially do a double transfer next time if you need to cycle again? Sorry if I've got myself muddled, but I think you have 7 frosties? You could defrost 3 and put the strongest one in and if needed next round defrost remaining 4 and put back 2 ? Ps, good on you for researching and exploring all options (I'm an academic too!) ;-)
    hey Bel, yes! That is our plan now, 1 this time...and do you mean we can actually defrost 3 , put the strongest one in and freeze the not so strong others 2? Did I get that right.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to blossom1 For This Useful Post:

bel2466  (24-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blossom from looking at your signature, this is your third transfer right? I would go with two. I am up to transfer number 5 and we are transferring two this time. I always let me FS talk me out of it but this time I am sticking firm.Yes the chance of getting BFP only increases chances of success by 5% but for me 5% is still better odds and I personally would rather have twins then no baby at all. Of course in saying that it is a very personal decision. BTW I have transferred two before and got a BFN so transferring two can also mean you may still get a BFN.

So AF showed yesterday just waiting for my clinic to call and let me know if I can start to stim or not. If we get the go ahead then EPU will prob be in about two weeks time. It was funny but this is the first time that when AF came my heart dropped I felt so sad I don't want to be doing IVF again but I am going to force myself to do it for the sake of getting it over and done with this year. DH and I have decided we only have enough in us for two more cycles so I want to do one now and the next one in August and then if we are still unsuccessful we will be able to relax, take a break and move on and try to accept that we just weren't meant to have children.

Hi to others and new ladies sorry for no personals I have lost track of the thread and who's what and where but I will read back and catch up on later on. xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KayzB View Post
    @OIC good luck with POAS this morn hun! Hope it shows 2 pretty lil lines 😊 xx
    Thanks KayzB! But no, no yet. Could not be any whiter! But certainly not giving up yet! Surely these boobs must be this sore for a very good reason! Ha ha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Soques, touching story.
    Blossom, it is good that you are making/have made an informed decision. Hugs! I'm sure it will be the right decision and I have everything crossed that it will work out for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OIC View Post
    Thanks KayzB! But no, no yet. Could not be any whiter! But certainly not giving up yet! Surely these boobs must be this sore for a very good reason! Ha ha!
    OIC I will keep my fingers crossed for you then! Do you have a BT booked too?

I remember a friend of mine saying when she got naturally pg, how she thought she was going mad POASing once a week for the first 6 weeks. She didn't know I was pg at the time and I was thinking omg, I've done six in a week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies
    Great to have some company, today is day 2 of IVF#2. On 250 Gonal F, increased from 150 last round to try to get better response next time.

A little bit about me:
    Me 36.5 (Endo, Tubal Damage, AMH 9.6) DH 41

Feb 14 Lap, substantial endo removed by laser, severe tubal damage from endo discovered.
    IVF#1 - April 2014 - stim cycle 6 eggs, 4 mature, 3 fertilised, 2 made to blast,1 x frostie and 1 transferred - BFN
    IVF#2 - Stim cycle - May/June 2014

for you all.
    Georgie