+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week

Default TMI - Could it be my period already?

I'm not sure what section to put this in. It's been exactly 4 weeks since I gave birth to DD. I hadn't yet stopped bleeding but it was extremely light and creamy / brown coloured. Today I wake to fresh blood / cramps / if I didn't give birth a month a go it would be just like the start of any period for me. I had a PPH and retained placenta after birth that they fixed so I'm (almost) sure they got everything out. I've already been to the doctors about my bleeding about a week after birth and everything was fine. I'm exclusively BF. Is it at all possible it's my period? I've always had really reliable cycles, almost to the hour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With both of mine I'd think the bleeding was finishing, then exactly what you've described would happen.
    Did you exert yourself yesterday? I found pushing myself led to more fresh bleeding for a day then it'll settle again. I bled on and off like that till 8ish weeks.
    Perhaps if it doesn't ease up then mention it to your doc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    I did a bit but honestly I've been doing a lot since I've had her. I wouldn't even think it possible for my lining to build up while I was still bleeding from birth, but I've never done this before and it's so much like the beginning of my period.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine returned at 4,6,8 and 11 weeks and I was bf full time. I knew it was my AF because (tmi) the smell was different to lochia. It was a smell I was familiar with every month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    It could be your period but it's also quite normal to get some red spotting/blood after things seem to have tapered off. That was my experience with my first two and my period didn't return until 10/11 months post birth. Starting the mini pill or having the depo shot can bring on fresh blood.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Thanks for the responses, it's reassuring to hear that it's not only me and it's probably normal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same happened here, wasAF!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same thing happened to me. But my bleeding had completely stopped and then came back around 4.5 weeks post birth with period cramps. My middie said any bleeding in the first 6 weeks is considered post partum bleeding. But then it came again every month. Im exclusively breastfeeding also so just sheer luck I guess. It's definitely possible