+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kim85 View Post
    Subbing I have the raw cacau and really need some recipes that hide the taste! I have made chocolate mousse with it which was gross.. needed sugar. Honey and coconut oil and cacau was all u could taste and made some bliss balls which were okay...
    Will try that smoothie.. I do have some acai powder that I havnt tried yet too. Maybe ds will like those crackles.
    Beware if you make the choc crackles. I eat more of them than dd and dh put together. They are addictive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Raw cacao is not sweet. Don't eat it expecting it to be sweet. That's where you add dates or rice malt syrup to sweeten foods.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (05-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    Maca is a superfood used for balancing the endocrine system. It is a root vegetable and it's said to provide energy, boost libido, balance hormones, balance thyroid and adrenal glands etc, help fertility etc. The taste is really foul but easily disguised hence the smoothie.
    Have a google. I'm finding benefits from it. I'm hoping it will lengthen my very short luteal phase and reduce pms and cramps.
    Thanks for that!

My thyroid is a bit sluggish since having ds3 so i might try it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dollypops View Post
    Thanks! I'm off to buy Maca now.. I have a green smoothie every morning, would that hide the taste of the Maca? Is it ok for kids, dd and I share the smoothie.
    It should hide the taste. Not recommended for children but that's because there isn't enough research done on it and whether it has any effect on a baby/child.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiery For This Useful Post:

dollypops  (05-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPGnBkH3fBg Worth watching before spending a lot of money, or continuing to spend a lot of money on a 'superfood.'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPGnBkH3fBg Worth watching before spending a lot of money, or continuing to spend a lot of money on a 'superfood.'
    Unfortunately any type of healthy eating costs more money. And to me, any organic unprocessed food is considered a super food, especially coz these days we're eating so many "food-like" products which isn't actually food at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Of course, but there's no doubt that foods marketed as 'super foods' are far more expensive than what they are worth and we can get the same results from just eating a healthy diet. That's all the show was saying...eat healthy and reap the benefits. Originally you said that since having your smoothie you have had far more energy, I have a green smoothie daily and also feel more energised after it, without any 'superfoods' in my smoothie. I also find if I'm drinking 3-4L of water a day I stay energised, with or without a green smoothie. I have no issues with people purchasing said 'super foods' (I do...quinoa, raw cacao, chia seeds because of their nutritional properties, not because they are a super food) but it's not affordable for everyone and it's possible to achieve the same, or similar results without superfoods. The term 'superfood' is a marketing campaign. That's all I was saying.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

Fiery  (08-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can tell you since I work for a large natural food and health product distributor that they are marked up A LOT!!! I'm very fortunate to get all of that stuff (maca, cacao, coconut sugar/oil etc) at wholesale plues 10% otherwise I don't think I'd have half the things in my cupboard as it's very pricey!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    And further to this. iherb.com has awesome prices for health foods mentioned as it's from America! They now sell it in Aus prices though but it's still very reasonable.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky_duck For This Useful Post:

dollypops  (13-05-2014)