+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,269
    Thanks
    2,955
    Thanked
    1,410
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    It sounds like the school might need to take a more proactive role and get a teacher out there to be 'traffic controller' at those times to ensure the kids are all safe if the parents aren't able to think about their child's safety themselves.
    The school I work at has several teachers on duty in the carpark including an assistant principal and he has been abused and sworn at by parents on several occasions when asking them to do the right thing.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,220
    Thanks
    1,254
    Thanked
    1,085
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyW View Post
    The school I work at has several teachers on duty in the carpark including an assistant principal and he has been abused and sworn at by parents on several occasions when asking them to do the right thing.
    Wow, totally disrespectful! This is when number plates should be taken and reported to the police.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,525
    Thanks
    1,890
    Thanked
    2,539
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Don't even have a school aged child yet but reading this thread with interest. One thing I always whinge about is drivers in car parks in general, too fast, very dsngerous, entitled a-holes... The list goes on lol.

    At DS's daycare there's a few of those wan.kers who block everyone else off so they can drop their kids right up the front. They always say 'sorrrrry, in a wicked rushhhh'. Like no-one else is?? Grrrr rude!

    Quote Originally Posted by BettyW View Post
    The school I work at has several teachers on duty in the carpark including an assistant principal and he has been abused and sworn at by parents on several occasions when asking them to do the right thing.
    This is appalling! Shame on those people!

  4. #34
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,669
    Thanks
    1,004
    Thanked
    2,412
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyW View Post
    The school I work at has several teachers on duty in the carpark including an assistant principal and he has been abused and sworn at by parents on several occasions when asking them to do the right thing.
    Really? Wow. I still think Beancounter's school should be trying it though. At the end of the day abusive parents vs kids getting hit by cars is not a hard choice to make. Also perhaps the abusive parents could be banned from using the car park. Really, if grown adults are going to behave like children then they need to deal with the consequences.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    856
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked
    236
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    Really? Wow. I still think Beancounter's school should be trying it though. At the end of the day abusive parents vs kids getting hit by cars is not a hard choice to make. Also perhaps the abusive parents could be banned from using the car park. Really, if grown adults are going to behave like children then they need to deal with the consequences.
    there are teachers at all the crossings. But it's a big school (1500) so teachers can't do the carpark. The bottom line is it's up to the PARENTS to drive/park sensibly and safely.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    17,696
    Thanks
    1,391
    Thanked
    7,285
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Just checked the position in NSW. it's definitely interesting. But doesn't seem to be the case in any other state.

    It's definitely a massive problem. Our school is only a few years old and the parking arrangements are useless. We have been very lucky and have had no accidents but I'm amazed. People park anywhere they can.

    I like the previous post about penalising kids if then parents tell them to not follow the rules. I would love to see that.
    Yeh, I'm actually surprised people are even allowed to drive into the car parks in other states It must be absolute mayhem. I'd be scared. I would still definitely park near the school and go into the school grounds until the bell.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,662
    Thanks
    1,961
    Thanked
    2,567
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Yeh, I'm actually surprised people are even allowed to drive into the car parks in other states It must be absolute mayhem. I'd be scared. I would still definitely park near the school and go into the school grounds until the bell.
    I'm really surprised that schools don't have car parks for students. Growing up all the local schools had a separate car park for parents, our school in particular didn't have street parking that was suitable and we were right next to a major road. What do students that are old enough to drive do for parking when there isn't a car park provided?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    17,696
    Thanks
    1,391
    Thanked
    7,285
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    I'm really surprised that schools don't have car parks for students. Growing up all the local schools had a separate car park for parents, our school in particular didn't have street parking that was suitable and we were right next to a major road. What do students that are old enough to drive do for parking when there isn't a car park provided?
    Well in nsw, any student who lives within a 2km radius can walk. If they are outside that radius, they get free bus pass so there's no need to drive.

    When I was in high school and old enough to drive, I was lucky that there were sports fields across from the school so there was heaps of parking. Never was allowed in carpark.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,662
    Thanks
    1,961
    Thanked
    2,567
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Well in nsw, any student who lives within a 2km radius can walk. If they are outside that radius, they get free bus pass so there's no need to drive.

    When I was in high school and old enough to drive, I was lucky that there were sports fields across from the school so there was heaps of parking. Never was allowed in carpark.
    All students can get a bus pass? We only used to get them if your parents had a health care card (or some ruling like that). That is the best idea I've heard for a long time. So a student that lives more than 2k away isn't allowed to walk?
    Always amazes me how different things are between states.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    17,696
    Thanks
    1,391
    Thanked
    7,285
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    All students can get a bus pass? We only used to get them if your parents had a health care card (or some ruling like that). That is the best idea I've heard for a long time. So a student that lives more than 2k away isn't allowed to walk?
    Always amazes me how different things are between states.
    I'm sure they're allowed to walk, but the department is saying that there's no need to drive if they live that far because they get free transport.

    http://www.curriculumsupport.educati...el/travel5.htm


 

Similar Threads

  1. Private Primary School then Public High School
    By astrogal in forum Preschools and Schools
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 26-09-2013, 09:24
  2. Transition from special school back to a state school
    By hindes in forum Parents of Children with Special Needs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16-08-2013, 18:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Mother and Baby Shop
Save $$$ during our Christmas Sale Mother and Baby Shop
Great prices on Schoenhut kids pianos, toys, baby clothing as well as big brands like Pigeon, NUK, Cherub Baby and many more. Sale starts on 1 November 2016 and ends on the 27 December 2016. Hurry! Place your order today!
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Be In Blossom
We offer physiotherapy run pregnancy Pilates, pregnancy Aerobics, and Mummy Pilates & Baby Massage classes with a focus on optimising posture, body awareness, pelvic floor support, back care and maintaining fitness, aiming to assist women prepare and recover from their birth.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!