+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default RF height / weight limit - Infa Luxi caprice 0-8 years car seat

We need a new car seat and are thinking of getting the Infa Luxi caprice which is a 0-8 years seat. I know that newer seats now go by height rather than weight however I can't find reference to either online so I'm wondering if anyone knows? Our daughter is 14 months old and about 11kg. She's still RF in her current seat (hubby was in an accident so her seat in his car needs to be replaced) so just wondering whether we can get away with a 0-8 seat or whether we need to get a 0-4 seat for her up stay RF.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I just checked on the Infasecure site and it RF til approx 6 months whereas the comfi create (a 0-4 seat) RF til large 12 month old/average 30 month old. So you're definitely not going to get as long RFing out of it compared to one of their 0-4 seats.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You're better off getting the Kompressor caprice or the Neon. The Luxi is great but won't last 8 years. It has low rear facing markers and a low turn to booster marker so you'll need to buy another harnessed seat anyways as most wouldn't last to 4 in it. At 14 months it's doubtful she'd be able to RF. If insurance is paying for it get the Kompressor

All seats have height markers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by callmedragon22 View Post
    You're better off getting the Kompressor caprice or the Neon. The Luxi is great but won't last 8 years. It has low rear facing markers and a low turn to booster marker so you'll need to buy another harnessed seat anyways as most wouldn't last to 4 in it. At 14 months it's doubtful she'd be able to RF. If insurance is paying for it get the Kompressor

All seats have height markers.
    The other point to note is you can most likely get the 0-4 seat now and a convertible booster later for the same cost as the 0-8 seat. And by the time bub outgrows the 0-4 there will be newer seats on the market that should allow kids to stay in a harness longer.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (03-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I'd go a neon or kompressor as well. My DS3 is almost 11 months and quite tall for his age and still has heaps of room tk rearward face.

and then I'd personally get a dedicated booster later on rather than a convertible one.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app