+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Bath and outdoor toys for 2yo

Ds2 is turning 2 next week
    I'm looking for suggestions on some good bath toys, maybe some that are easily cleaned and won't get too scummy. Also some good outdoor toys.

I was planning to get him a bike with a handle coming off the back so he could 'ride' to school drop off like his brother, but I went to toys r us yesterday to size one for him and I think he is a bit little so might wait till Christmas. I don't want to get him a trike with handle for such a short time so I'm looking for other ideas as a main present.
    Any suggestions will help. Thanks!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD was 2 in Feb and out of all her bath tops she likes cups, of differing sizes and shapes to fill up and tip out. It's what she plays with the most in the bath, just plastic cups from the cupboard. They don't get scummy either which is a plus. She has lots of others but she's not that interested in them.

For outdoor toys - a swing set with a slide connected, my DD loves hers. Or a trampoline if you don't have one?

We also got DD a little scooter for Xmas, which she likes to go around on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    My kids have also just loved household items (cups, containers etc...) in the bath much more than specific bath toys.

Popular outdoor toys for mine have been

Cozy Coupe (little tikes brand)
    Trampoline
    Cubby
    Slide
    Wheelbarrow and gardening tools
    Water/sand activity table

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. We have a lot of those squeeze toys that fill up with water but he doesn't seem too interested in them. They get scummy too so I'm ready to throw them all out. Might go get some stackable cups, I think he'd like that

The wheelbarrow and gardening tools sounds fun. They have most of the big outdoor toys, trampoline, cubby, slide, climbing frame, trike, scooter, tonka trucks so not looking at getting anything too expensive. I'm planning to get a few more things, and put some things that they are bored with away to bring out in a few months, hopefully they'll play with them again.
    Thanks for your suggestions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    We bought DS a bubble gun for his 2nd birthday and he has so much fun with it outside.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooo that's a great idea! Thanks! My boys love bubbles