+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks ladies will be questioning my clinic now about the speed of the intra-lipids as I am sure I had 500ml also.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default and what about ivig in Brisbane ?

Lovely ladies, sorry to crash the thread too, Im very new to this Immunology thing, and after two failed ivf, Im going to see Dr Warren in mid February. So glad to know that he also does intralipid for patients...
    Just wondering how it works? Do I still need to see Dr M for my nkc and ANA problem n ask him to priscribe intralipid, so I can do it in Brisbane, or... if Dr Warren could just priscribe intralipid ?
    And the other question is what about ivig? If Dr Warren also do ivig ?
    Million thanks for any response
    Last edited by yjeu; 24-12-2015 at 12:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yjeu View Post
    Lovely ladies, sorry to crash the thread too, Im very new to this Immunology thing, and after two failed ivf, Im going to see Dr Warren in mid February. So glad to know that he also does intralipid for patients...
    Just wondering how it works? Do I still need to see Dr M for my nkc and ANA problem n ask him to priscribe intralipid, so I can do it in Brisbane, or... if Dr Warren could just priscribe intralipid ?
    And the other question is what about ivig? If Dr Warren also do ivig ?
    Million thanks for any response
    @yjeu I'm another Wazza girl. I'm not quite sure how it would work if you have two doctors, but for me, Wazza's staff just rang the infusion unit and set up my appointment and then they sent over the paperwork to St Andrews. They seem to be able to get you in very quickly. It was all covered by private health - you can park under the hospital for $10 (they put through a discount at the infusion unit). If you are there for lunch they feed you. I think they start it at 100ml and then check your vitals and put it up to 125ml if everything is going okay. Saline and intralipid are combined and I usually find I'm out in just under 4 hours. Apparently if its any faster it can be painful - I've always found it totally painless. You can take your partner or sit and chat to other Wazza patients about how much you love Wazza .

Sorry I don't know about IVIG. I've found everything with Wazza's office easy - they are just so knowledgeable, awesome and accommodating, so only issue would only be if he didn't agree with treatment. If Wazza is your secondary FS, maybe he and you primary FS can work it out between them?
    Last edited by Gagingi; 24-12-2015 at 14:00.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

yjeu  (24-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for the super promptly response, Gagingi
    Coz I have a bit high nkc cd 56 and ANA, so did Dr Warren blood test you and decide to do the infusion ?
    So glad to know that Dr Warren would do it himself, so I might not have to go see Dr M(I havent made an appointment with him yet and hes so busy and hard to book)~ flying all the way to sydney would be too hard for me at the moment
    Thanks again and im so glad that I found here with so many supportive and knowledgeable ladies here
    Last edited by yjeu; 24-12-2015 at 14:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @yjeu have you seen Warren yet? I transferred from another FS and Warren reviewed our medical records, and ordered BTs for anything that was missing or that he wanted updated. He is very thorough. I have intralipids as part of my treatment for Adenomyosis. I cannot remember whether my NKC level is an issue - between DH and I we have a number of problems, but have great faith in Warren's treatment plan. We like to broadly understand what our issues are and then just do as we are told, unless we need to make a specific decision in which case we would then investigate/discuss it more broadly. If he is your primary FS I am sure he'll work with you to formulate the best individual treatment for your presentation and if he is your secondary FS, then I imagine he'll work collegially with your primary FS as needed.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

yjeu  (26-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heaps thanks for sharing your exp with Warren, my first appointment with him is in mid February, and so glad to know that he is helpful I think he will be my primary FS , the other doctor I mentioned (dr Mathias)is a reproductive Immunologist and could design a treatment plan to go with FS , coz i think in my situation, i might need a more aggressive treatment plan

9. The Following User Says Thank You to yjeu For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (27-12-2015)