+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Brisbane Dr who will administer Intralipids

Hi ladies
    Can anyone tell me if there is a Dr in Brisbane who will administer the intralipid infusion?

Partner and I have a 6 1/2 year old, with no medical intervention. In the past 5 1/2 years I've had 9 miscarriages, 3 rounds of IVF with own eggs not once getting to a transfer. Went to Prague in january this year for donor egg IVF had 2 expanded Grade 1 blasts transferred but ended in a chemical. I then got tested for MTHFR and have the 2 mutations but C677T and A1298C. I have just come back from a FET using our embie (donor egg, partners sperm) and a donor embie, both Grade 1 expanded blasts. I was also put on Clexane injections along with 20mg prednisone. Sadly this has resulted in a BFN.
    I also have immune issues as in Coeliac disease and rheumatoid arthritis in my fingers.
    So now I am looking at going back a 3rd time and using donor embies as partner won't be able to go again. So am wanting to try the intralipids as well.
    I would appreciate any info any of you maybe able to provide.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dr warren deambrosis does

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh that's really good to know. I'm with Wazza and not considering them yet but I'm so relieved to hear he will use them if we need them.

Sorry to crash the thread by the way. Wazza is truly wonderful so make an appointment ASAP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a Wazza patient and just had my first dose of intralipids on Friday over at the St Andrews War Memorial hospital. The day infusion unit are absolutely lovely and made the 4 hour process so comfortable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went through Glenn at Life and he will also do the intralipids. I too went to St Andrews and yes they are so lovely there

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is good to know...I am in Perth with no luck thus far finding someone here but have family in Brisbane so not as arduous as traveling to Sydney

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm another Wazza girl too.. We did our second DE cycle in SAfrica in January and have just finished doing all my intralipids a few weeks ago.

Warren gets you to do them every 10 days up to week 12. Wazza's expertise, Intralipids and an immune protocol made the difference for us..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (24-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies sorry to crash thread, I have just done two 5 day transfers both with intalipids, the first ending in a chemical and the second I am waiting for results from today but know it will be a bfn after poas. I am now considering seeing Wazza plan on ringing up to get on the waiting list this week. @nightchild80 have to ask is that the norm to have intalipids given to you over 4 hrs? The first time I had them over 2 hours and second time it was done in an hour and a half, was I given them too quickly?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    Hi ladies sorry to crash thread, I have just done two 5 day transfers both with intalipids, the first ending in a chemical and the second I am waiting for results from today but know it will be a bfn after poas. I am now considering seeing Wazza plan on ringing up to get on the waiting list this week. @nightchild80 have to ask is that the norm to have intalipids given to you over 4 hrs? The first time I had them over 2 hours and second time it was done in an hour and a half, was I given them too quickly?
    I'm a Wazza girl. All intralipids for his patients are done at St Andrews Hospital. There they do them over at least a 4 hour period, sometimes it takes a little longer.

I guess the timing would depend on the volume that is delivered. Again for Warren's patients it is 20%/500ml with saline.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thread crash. Slow infusion rate is important. Mine is done 4hrs or so with saline flush before and after with Dr Matthias in Sydney. In Perth, the saline flush is fast but the actual intralipid is like more than 3hrs. I told the dr in Perth that I won't want to go any faster and lower dose than 500ml.

OP. Judging from your issues. I think ivig would be more suitable. I ain't medical dr but that's kinda what I read so far.