+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not eligible for any family assistance so no impact.

Can't get in to see GP as regulars always book so looking forward to it not being clogged up and actually getting to see Dr.

We wanted 2 year gap for kids so was going ttc from November anyway and I'm under 100k so drop doesn't impact me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Can anyone explain the centrelink benefits available to single parents, families and how it will change? I'm lucky enough never to have needed it / be eligible for it, so I don't understand the difference between FTB A and FTB B. Are they saying FTB B will completely disappear and be replaced with something else, or just all together scrapped?

Also, if you do go to study, what payments can you get and is it on top of the other payments one might be eligible? Are they looking to change that too?

sorry to be so completely naive about it, I'm just trying to educate myself on what impacts this next budget will have on people with kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    Not eligible for any family assistance so no impact.

Can't get in to see GP as regulars always book so looking forward to it not being clogged up and actually getting to see Dr.

We wanted 2 year gap for kids so was going ttc from November anyway and I'm under 100k so drop doesn't impact me.
    Even if you are directly affected, you probably will be further down the track.

If families have less money, they will spend less. The retail and hospitality industries will take the bigest hit. People will lose thier jobs and welfare dependency will increase. Less retail spending means less tax revenue is generated as well. It continues to have a flow on effect and things only get progressively worse.

As for seeing a GP, I don't like your chances of getting in once Abbott implements all his changes. A shortage of doctors has been noted as something we can expect to see.

His changes/taxes/levies aren't good for anyone apart from a few of his multimillionaire buddies.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I agree with everything you have said. I would take their commitment to getting Australia back into the blakc because we are in such a bad way, a little more seriously - if they offered to take a pay cut. But they won't. It is all ok for us to work until we are 70 ffs! Meanwhile they have a cruiesy and extremely wealth retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by NoteToSelf View Post
    Personally not really unless they do something to the Child Care Rebate.

I am incredibly ideologically opposed to any changes to medicare, I fully support a universal free health system, no matter what you earn.

All this talk of personal responsibility, everyone doing heavy lifting blah blah, all sounds bit hollow coming from someone who will get a lifetime politician pension of two hundred thousand dollars a year, whenever he retires (no age limit on claiming) and 20 tax payer funded flights for himself and his partner a year for the rest of his life which can be transferred to his spouse when he dies.

I would like to see the cuts coming from the top down.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

NoteToSelf  (05-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh delirium, I sure hope that you are right.

I expect everyrthing that is bad from these men.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    When is the budget being officially handed down?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    When is the budget being officially handed down?
    13th May.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know until it happens. Hopefully it doesn't happen. I'm not ready to get back to work so soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    What is with the "doesn't affect me, so I don't care attitude" anyway? I have never really understood it myself. Those girls that have been abducted in Nigeria doesn't affect me personally either, but it doesn't mean I don't care.

You are only as strong as your weakest link, so if we as a nation want to be really strong you have to have healthy, educated, fit and working people, that is just the way it is. The fact we are trying to emulate America is a joke - the most dysfunctional country in the Western world. We should be trying to emulate Denmark or Scandanvien countries.

Also, anyone on here who thinks that this won't affect them is kidding themselves, unless of course they don't have kids. If they remove the university fee cap - which it looks like they will then a lot of normal every day people earning a decent wage won't be able to afford university - HECS or not. They are saying that they want to be able to compete with Ivy league schools and the caps are what is holding us back. Ivy league degrees cost way more than here, Harvard is $55,000 per year and that doesn't include books or anything else, just classes. All the HECS in the world won't help a lot of people pay back that kind of fee.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (08-05-2014),FrothyFrog  (08-05-2014),HappyBovinexx  (09-05-2014),HarvestMoon  (08-05-2014),LoveLivesHere  (08-05-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (08-05-2014)